We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting a group near the train station

Which Cahors hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, CO
reviews: 22
Meeting a group near the train station

Is there a better place than the train station itself to meet a group of 14 nearby? A small restaurant would be great!

Also, are there any transportation alternatives to/from Toulouse than Fox Transfers? We'll be doing a boat trip ending in Douelle, and need transport from there back to Toulouse at the end of our journey on a Saturday.

Thanks for any help!

6 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
reviews: 4
1. Re: Meeting a group near the train station

I'd meet on the steps of Cathédrale St-Etienne, in the heart of the old town, where you'll have a good choice of places to eat. Or, if you want to reserve ahead at a wonderful restaurant and all meet there, it's La Balandre.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
reviews: 4
2. Re: Meeting a group near the train station

Sorry, Le Balandre.

Larkspur, California
3. Re: Meeting a group near the train station

Wondering if you ever found a transfer compnay from Toulouse to Douelle? We are doing to same boat trip. Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
4. Re: Meeting a group near the train station

If you cannot find a transfer company to take you all the way, there are trains between Cahors and Toulouse every couple of hours. A local taxi will get you the 7 miles from Cahors to Douelle easy enough. Reservations are needed on the trains - for times and tickets in English without any redirects to unfriendly sites go to www.capitainetrain.com

Boulder, CO
5. Re: Meeting a group near the train station

Thanks for your answer! We ended up stuck in the middle of a train strike, and didn't get to go to a restaurant at all!

Boulder, CO
6. Re: Meeting a group near the train station

We had the boat company in Douelle arrange the transfer for 10 people to a hotel near Toulouse Int'l Airport. Le Boat said that the cost would be 380 euros, for the 10, but when we arrived the taxis wanted 505 euros! I didn't have the cash, and so they called Le Boat, who told me I should just pay the extra 125 Euros. I said that they had arranged the taxis and given me the price of 380 so they should pay the taxis if they felt so strongly about it. They then told me either I pay or the taxi drivers would call the police. I came up with 80 Euros and told them that was all I would give, and am now trying to get it reimbursed by Le Boat.

The option would have been to taxi to Cahors (25e x 2) train for 10 from Cahors to Toulouse (if they had been running) so 100 euros? Taxi to airport from Toulouse, 25 e x 2) So probably about 300 euros that way, too, with more transferring of baggage.

Reply to: Meeting a group near the train station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cahors