We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Perpignan from Barcelona

Which Perpignan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Travel to Perpignan from Barcelona

Hi there,

I am currently trying to book travel between Barcelona and Perpignan during the day on 8th August but finding it very difficult! I would like to travel at around 9am and go by either train or coach/bus.

Any suggestions about the easiest and most cost effective way of doing this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

bw.

London, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Travel to Perpignan from Barcelona

Have you tried www.voyages-sncf.com?

Looking on there, unfortunately both the TGVs at 08:16 and 12:22 are full on 8th and 9th August. However there is space on the 16:42, with singles from €39. Journey time for the TGV is about three hours.

However you can get a local train from Barcelona to Cerbere, the first station on the French side of the border, from where you can change to another train to Perpignan. These trains take about four hours for the whole journey, and do not have to be booked in advance.

There is a departure from Barcelona at 09:16 on 8th August which arrives Perpignan at 13:35.

See http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml for information on train times. Although it is a German site, it contains information on train times throughout Europe.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 89
2. Re: Travel to Perpignan from Barcelona

see this top question for more info on buses - even though you are going in the opposite direction, the info is still valid

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187156-i1261-k439…

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
3. Re: Travel to Perpignan from Barcelona

Current printed timetable Barcelona - Cerbere, info in Catalan, Spanish and English.

…gencat.cat/docs/…2017-6-2012.pdf

Change at Cerbere for Perpignan. You will possibly have to buy two separae tickets going this way.

Slow but cheap and as said above no reservations to worry about. Make sure you have supplies with you. And the seats on the Spanish trains are hard!

Manchester...
4. Re: Travel to Perpignan from Barcelona

me too

5. Re: Travel to Perpignan from Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 28, 2013