We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM card purchase in train station

Which Perpignan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
did you make...
SIM card purchase in train station

We'll be coming in to Perpignan via train on a Sunday around noon - will there be places open where we can purchase a SIM card for our HTC Inspire? Preferably in or near the station? What companies do you recommend - we will be traveling by car around the area and over to Pau, so prefer the best coverage, if any is better than the other.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 101
1. Re: SIM card purchase in train station

There is an Orange Mobistore at the new TGV station but it will most probably be closed - as will other stores.- on Sunday.

did you make...
2. Re: SIM card purchase in train station

Thanks. I suppose it's not possible to buy a SIM card for France in Barcelona? Or is it? We will be in Barcelona first, then coming up to France.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
3. Re: SIM card purchase in train station

Depending upon when you are leaving home, you could try to have Lebara send you1 or 2 SIMs free. You can register them on line, pay online for talktime, and have working mobile phones the minute you arrive in France. It usually takes about 7-10 days to receive the SIMs. Do a France forum search using the words Lebara for more details:

www.lebara.fr

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 7
4. Re: SIM card purchase in train station

See if you can find a Lebara SIM in Spain:

http://www.lebara.es

Roaming rates are capped at about 40 cents a minute in the EU so calls won't be dirt cheap but will be affordable for one day until you find a French SIM Monday.

If you add in "USA" after your city on the order form at http://www.lebara.fr one will arrive at your house in about 10 days...

Edit... Sarastro got ahead of me while I looked up the Spanish site! LOL

Edited: 8:07 am, June 28, 2012
Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 101
5. Re: SIM card purchase in train station

Just in case : There are 3 Orange stores in Barcelona

Carrer de Lepant 285

Carrer de Garcilosa 20

Carrer de Sardenya 499

www.orange.es

did you make...
6. Re: SIM card purchase in train station

Unfortunately we are leaving sooner than that. I wonder if we put in the name of the hotel and had it sent there... it might work? And if it doesn't show up... it was free anyway, right?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
7. Re: SIM card purchase in train station

Sending the SIM to your hotel could work for you but I might just tell the hotel to be looking for your letter just to be sure it is not missed.

8. Re: SIM card purchase in train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, July 01, 2013