We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

montpellier airport to train station

Which Montpellier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
washington dc
reviews: 1
montpellier airport to train station

I have to get from the montpellier airport to the train station for a train to carcassonne. does anyone know what ground transportation is like? ie, are there shuttles from airport to train station, or does one need to taxi? how far, how much, etc?

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
1. Re: montpellier airport to train station

Shuttles are available but infrequent.

www.montpellier.aeroport.fr/layer_en.asp…

Arkansas
reviews: 1
2. Re: montpellier airport to train station

I am trying to get information on transfering from the Montpellier Airport to the train to Carcassonne and I saw that you posted the same question last year. I did not see a response. Can you tell me where the train station is in Montpellier and Carcassonne?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
3. Re: montpellier airport to train station

Both train stations are right in the center of town. If you need more detailed information consult:

www.viamichelin.com

www.mappy.com

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
4. Re: montpellier airport to train station

Hi

Just a thought.

there are regular shuttle buses to central Montpellier.

However, it is only around 5 miles away and a taxi would be quite cheap. If there are 3/4 of you, it could be cheaper than the shuttle ?

Another possibility is a taxi to Odysseum, which is the tram terminus nearest the airport. It is about Euro 1.20 each into the centre and it stops at the station.

Peter

www.the-languedoc-page.com

Bath
5. Re: montpellier airport to train station

Another possibility is a taxi to Odysseum, which is the tram terminus nearest the airport. It is about Euro 1.20 each into the centre and it stops at the station.

How far i sthe Airport from Odysseum terminus? ie Could you walk to it? and how frequent are the trams into town?

France
reviews: 3
6. Re: montpellier airport to train station

Your simplest option is to get the shuttle from the airport direct to the center of Montpellier. The Bus Station is directly alongside the Railway station.

Have a look at www.languedoc-roussillon.eu.com.

Cambridge
reviews: 16
7. Re: montpellier airport to train station

There are plenty of Buses/ Trams into and around montpellier:

have a look at the following websites to find out which buses you need to get:

cg34.fr/herault-transport/pdf/MTP_situation_…

cg34.fr/herault-transport/pdf/planreseau.pdf

www.cg34.fr/herault-transport/lignes.html

To get from the airport to the station (gare)

take the 120 bus to 'place d'europe', then the 2nd tram line to 'gare'

Details of the timetables can be found on the third link, and run regularly

Otherwise, take a taxi, which are on a meter basis, but ive always got the bus so i have dont know the exact cost, but its about 8km, so budget for that.

8. Re: montpellier airport to train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 02, 2009