We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MPL to Aigues-Mortes

Which Montpellier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kenilworth
MPL to Aigues-Mortes

I have used several very useful posts on this forum to work out the following: We fly into Montpellier Airport on Saturday 21st July, landing at 14:20 (hand luggage only), and plan to take the 15:00 shuttle to Place de l'Europe, then Tramway 1 to Odysseum to catch the 106 bus to Aigues-Mortes, hopefully at 15:45 (or if we miss this, at 16:45), all assuming I've read the timetables correctly.

My questions are, 1 Are my timings realistic (need to be at Quai de Bataliers for embarkation at 18:00)

2 How / where do we get tickets for bus?

3 Cash or card?

4 Will it be sunny?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
1. Re: MPL to Aigues-Mortes

Have you checked the summer timetables for route 106?

herault-transport.fr/fiche_horaire/…106.pdf

There is no bus to Aigues-Mortes between 1345 and 1800

If you look at the bus map, you will see that the journey by bus, even it it were feasible, involves almost doubling back once leaving the airport.

herault-transport.fr/telechargement/plan_res…

I cannot offer a plan B.

Edited: 3:54 pm, July 10, 2012
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
2. Re: MPL to Aigues-Mortes

Except to find out if there are taxis at La Grau du Roi where most of the buses end their journeys in summer.

Edited: 3:56 pm, July 10, 2012
Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 89
3. Re: MPL to Aigues-Mortes

Why don't you take a train?

www.Sncf.com or www.tgv-europe.com

Edited: 4:12 pm, July 10, 2012
Kenilworth
4. Re: MPL to Aigues-Mortes

How do I say this? - I'm so glad I asked!

The flight is booked and paid for, so train isn't an option.

Although I knew the route wasn't very direct, I hadn't noticed that the 106 doesn't quite reach Aigues-Mortes. There do appear to be a couple of taxi firms in le Grau du Roi, so I could check that out.

May have to resort to a taxi in the end, but liked the idea of using public transport, which I'm sure I read was very good.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 89
5. Re: MPL to Aigues-Mortes

I meant a train from Montpellier to Aigues Mortes !

Kenilworth
6. Re: MPL to Aigues-Mortes

Oh! Yes, I did look at that: Montpellier - Nimes - Aigues-Mortes but the times don't work for us - There is one train that leaves at 13:02, when we will be in mid-air, and then the next one isn't until 17:02, which won't reach Aigues-Mortes until 18:24. It might do at a push, I suppose, but we'd be half an hour late arriving.

Kenilworth
7. Re: MPL to Aigues-Mortes

Plane arrived on time; caught navette (bought shuttle / tram tickets on board) Walked round corner from shuttle to tramway. Caught Tramway 1 to Odysseum as planned (went to information desk at airport - lady not sure where to find 106 Herault bus and said stay on tram to terminus at Odysseum. At Odysseum, it's all pedestrianised with no sign of any buses, so had to back-track to previous station at Place de France! Bus was due to leave, but held up by a family wanting to load luggage into the boot, luckily. Bus terminated at le Grau du Roi - driver didn't know where railway station was (!) so headed towards centre and found it. Caught TER tourist train inland to Aigues Mortes, and arrived at our barge with 15 minutes to spare! Costs were Navette / Tram tickets 2 x 2.40€; Bus 106 tickets 2 x 1.50€; Train 2 x 1€; total 9.80€ for two :-) Just for comparison, another traveler got a taxi from Montpellier Airport for 68€.

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
reviews: 4
8. Re: MPL to Aigues-Mortes

well done !

9. Re: MPL to Aigues-Mortes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 19, 2013