We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Which Montpellier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Beaches

Hi, We'll be in Montpellier the first week in August and would like to spend time at the beach. Any suggestions for places to go in the area? We will have a car. Thanks.

Gail

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
reviews: 4
1. Re: Beaches

Beaches near Montpellier (nearest about 10km) are sandy.

There are some former fishing villages (Carnon, Palavas, Grau de Roi, etc) xhich are now small holiday resorts.

The remaining stretches are protected and have extensive with sand dunes.

Best beaches in the area :

*Between Palavas and Maguelone (walk west from Maguelone)

*Grand Travers between Carnon and Grande Motte

*L'Espiguette - 20kms of undeveloped beach east of Port Camargue

*Marseillan has both ocean and lagoon beaches.

These days the satellite views have better resolution. You can follow the coast (to select a spot for your beachmat ?) and see exactly what the beaches are like. Try pasting this link in your browser - then explore :

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=43%C2%B033'22.04%22N++4%C2%B001'55.24%22E&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.589577,56.513672&ie=UTF8&ll=43.556122,4.032011&spn=0.002045,0.003449&t=h&z=18

Peter

london
reviews: 1
2. Re: Beaches

how can i see your private message?

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
reviews: 4
3. Re: Beaches

If you are logged in - click on "my tripadvisor" in the top right corner above.

Peter

New York, NY
4. Re: Beaches

Thanks, Peter. I really appreciate your help.

Gail

Windsor, United...
reviews: 5
5. Re: Beaches

Found this website whilst researching same topic, have not been to the area so can't confirm if advice on website good or not

www.creme-de-languedoc.com or paste

creme-de-languedoc.com/Languedoc/…index.php

New York, NY
6. Re: Beaches

Thanks all for taking the time to help. I leave tomorrow and will put your advice into practice.

Gail

7. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 27, 2010