We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girona to Collioure trains

Which Collioure hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wiltshire
reviews: 2
Girona to Collioure trains

Hello I'm flying into Girona in early October and am staying in Collioure. Can I get a train from the airport to Collioure? I'm trying to avoid car hire if possible and just travel on public transport. I would be grateful for any advice.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 101
1. Re: Girona to Collioure trains

There is no station at Girona airport. You'll have to take a bus to the old station. See www.tgv-europe.com or www.sncf.com for timetable (trains going to Collioure via Cerbere).

You can also get to Collioure via Perpignan and take another train from Perpignan to Collioure, in which case you'll have to take a bus from the airport to the old station (center of Figueres) then a bus to the new TGV station in Figueres-Vilafant).

It is possible to go by bus directly from the airport to Collioure: see

www.perpicat.com for timetable.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
2. Re: Girona to Collioure trains

TGVeurope.com does not list all the trains between Girona and Collioure, only those two for which reservation/advance purchase is available.

For a complete list of trains, you will need to visit these sites

Girona - Cerbere (the border) trains are listed at www.renfe.es

They run about every 2 hours.

Cerbere - Collioure you will find on www.voyages-sncf.com

All these (with the two exceptions on the Spanish side) are local trains for which reservations cannot be made and for which tickets do not need to be bought in advance.

wiltshire
reviews: 2
3. Re: Girona to Collioure trains

Many thanks for such swift advice, it is very helpful to have details of buses and trains.

4. Re: Girona to Collioure trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, October 07, 2012