We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highly recommended for transport from Airport

Which Collioure hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 28
Highly recommended for transport from Airport

Hi there,

I've been holidaying in Collioure for the past 8 years and have always flown into Perpignan and had to wait for the airport bus to get to Perpignan and then train to Collioure. However, I just found out about a much cheaper method - the FrogBus. It goes from Girona Airport to Perpignan stopping at various sea side towns. Flights to Girona tend to be cheaper than flying into Perpignan and the bus is brilliant. You pay online and book a space and they will also organise a taxi to meet you if you need it when you get off the bus. Just wanted to post as I wish someone had told me about it before!

If anyone needs any other Collioure tips - let me know. Buying a property there in April so will have a good grasp of the good places to go!

Vicki

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 89
1. Re: Highly recommended for transport from Airport

The Frogbus has been recommended here many, many times over the years.

Maybe you should have done a little research on the forum?

The problem is that it does not stop "at various seaside towns". It only stops at Le Boulou (at the highway exit). I believe it made a detour by Argeles last summer (in July and August only).

There is another shuttle bus from Perpignan to Girona :

www.Perpicat.com.

It is more expensive than the Frogbus but it DOES stop on demand on the way and picks you up in Canet, Collioure, Argelès, etc.. and you save a taxi fare.

Incidentally, Ryanair is partially pulling out of Girona and lots of flights to and from England have been cancelled. It does fly to Perpignan though.

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
reviews: 4
2. Re: Highly recommended for transport from Airport

Update on Ryanair and Girona ...

Ryanair have settled their differences with Girona airport, and issued a press release :

ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-agrees-5-year-ex…

Ryanair will carry 4m passengers on 63 routes (unchanged from 2010), but including new routes to Cochstedt, Karlstad, Kristianstad, Plovdiv, Rzeszow, Szczecin, Skelleftea and Tallinn. The agreement lasts 5 years.

This suggests that the routes transferred to Barcelona will not be immediately re-instated.

The Spanish press - www.abc.es/agencias/noticia.asp… - suggests that Girona airport authorities will invest €7.5m annually to market the Costa Brava and Catalonian areas.

Girona is dependent upon Ryanair, and passenger numbers were down 34% in November (6% YTD) over 2009.

More LR flight info, as it happens : the-languedoc-page.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php…

3. Re: Highly recommended for transport from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 23, 2011