We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Formule 1 hotel

Which Carcassonne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MERSEYSIDE
reviews: 52
Formule 1 hotel

I realise that this is not walking distance from Carcassonne but can anyone tell me if there is anything nearby? Any bars or cafes?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 34
1. Re: Formule 1 hotel

Try street-view and walk around

http://goo.gl/maps/x7ont

there is a vinyard ;)

MERSEYSIDE
2. Re: Formule 1 hotel

a vineyard? will make my own wine then!! :-)

will have a look thanks

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 34
3. Re: Formule 1 hotel

It is an industrial area along the main road. There may be a fastfood outlet or a café if you are lucky. I saw a sign for McDonalds at 7 km ..........

MERSEYSIDE
4. Re: Formule 1 hotel

may have a rethink on that one then! trying to keep costs down as am travelling with my dad so need a room each but don't want to be in middle of nowhere, all depends what time we arrive, glass of wine in the evening would be nice but not if it means we have to get a taxi, may as well stay nearer the town for the difference

Essex
reviews: 71
5. Re: Formule 1 hotel

IME There is nearly always "somewhere" decent to eat near a Formule 1 Hotel.

Often they are "blue collar" style Restaurants or Cafes. They usually have very good food at reasonable price. However also IME they do not stay open very late at night, so if you arrive late, you may be disappointed!

I have taken to carrying some snacks and the odd bottle of wine on my tours, for just such an eventuality....

MERSEYSIDE
6. Re: Formule 1 hotel

We won't be arriving late. We will hopefully be there in the afternoon, will probably drive into the town to have a look round but then thought we could head back and eat / drink near the hotel. We are doing a bit of a tour on our way to Spain and this will be our last stop

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 8
7. Re: Formule 1 hotel

We arrived in Carcassonne one evening in August 2008 with no reservations and stayed at he Hotel Espace. That was a good name because our room was huge. We were 3 people and the quad room they gave us was 100 euros. Not fancy but well located (as you can see from the Google Streetview link here: http://goo.gl/maps/0S6iu ) and comfortable.

My wife and daughter enjoyed the breakfast. There's a pleasant restaurant, La Rapiere, just up the street toward the Cite on the right.

MERSEYSIDE
8. Re: Formule 1 hotel

Thank you, that seems good value but we need two rooms (dad and daughter don't want to share) so the size of the room is not really important. We will give it a go but given that we won't be booking in advance and will be in the car, we will just carry on if it doesn't suit us

Carcassonne, France
reviews: 3
9. Re: Formule 1 hotel

When are you planning to stay ? formula 1 is stuck in the middle of no-where, do you have a budget in mind ?

MERSEYSIDE
10. Re: Formule 1 hotel

Was hoping to find somewhere under £30 per room but I realise this is the south of France and that it may mean we are further out. Am more than happy with budget hotels and fully aware that you get what you pay for so cheap and cheerful is fine. Don't mind driving into Carcassonne for the sightseeing etc but would quite like somewhere to have a drink before going to bed. Setting off 10 ish the next morning to go over the border into Spain. Date will be Tuesday 25th June for one night

Edited: 5:24 am, June 19, 2013