We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carcassonne in october

Which Carcassonne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
reviews: 2
Carcassonne in october

going to Carcassonne first week in october , is there anything idont want to miss...got car so dont mind a drive

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 100
1. Re: Carcassonne in october

Apart from the old town itself : Cathar catles, Limoux, Rennes-le-Chateau, Castres, Albi, Toulouse etc... I suggest you read the Michelin Green Guide of the area.

Luang Prabang, Laos
2. Re: Carcassonne in october

I agree with pvoyageuse,and as you don't mind to drive ,on top of that,great colors of the indian summer throughout the area

Carcassonne, France
3. Re: Carcassonne in october

Truffle and mushroom walks in Villeneuve Minervois. Is a great day out and very interesting.

A walk around Lastours is a great day with the camera ...

Edited: 8:56 am, June 17, 2011
London
4. Re: Carcassonne in october

I recommend that you send away for a very handy guide written by a man who lives in the area - Trevor Park. His guide to Carcassonne and the surrounding area is very reasonably priced, available online (just do a quick search under his name and 'Carcassonne') and contains some excellent ideas for local tours. We have a little house in Carcassonne that we rent out to guests, many of them have bought Trevor's book and agreed that the suggested tours were very good. Hope you have a magical stay!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 7
5. Re: Carcassonne in october

We enjoyed both Foix and Mirepoix ... drive up to Andorra if you have time.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
6. Re: Carcassonne in october

What about some beautiful listed villages

les-plus-beaux-villages-de-france.org/en/…

manchester
7. Re: Carcassonne in october

wow think i should be going for a month , there is loads to do..thank you for all the reply's and i will inform you where we went when i get back

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
reviews: 4
8. Re: Carcassonne in october

I will be staying in Carcassonne on Friday night. Friends suggest the Saturday market should not be missed.

Carcassonne, France
reviews: 4
9. Re: Carcassonne in october

Carcassonne is rich in history and culture and time should be taken to fully appreciate what this lovely city has to offer, both within the walls of the bastide, known as the 'new town' and la cité itself easily accessed over le pont vieux with a beautiful walk along the River Aude. The market as mpprh suggests should not be missed, A lovely time of year to take a cycle trip along the Canal du Midi too. Enjoy your trip !

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 34
10. Re: Carcassonne in october

Our family (parents & two 20+ sons) will be in France in Sept. 2012. Would your "little house in Carcassone" be suitable for us? Please reply with particulars.