We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Versailles to Charles de Gaulle Airport

Which Versailles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maitland, Florida
reviews: 8
Versailles to Charles de Gaulle Airport

We are planning on being in Versailles for 2 nights the beginning of June. My friend has suggested staying in Versailles both nights and then taking the RER train to the airport. We have a 10:50 am flight on Monday morning home to the US. Will this work or would it be better to spend our last night somewhere closer to the airport? If it will work, what time do we need to leave for the airport? We also need a recommendation on lodging.

Paris, France
reviews: 4
1. Re: Versailles to Charles de Gaulle Airport

The official metro/RER website is www.ratp.fr and you can use it to plan your trip. Since only parts of that website are in English you can use the companion sites www.vianavigo.com or www.transilien.com. Basically take RER C from Versailles to Paris and get off at Saint-Michel and transfer to RER B to get to the airport. Here is a alink to an interactive map of the metro/RER system:

www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php…

Just curious why you're spending two nights in Versailles and not staying in Paris and making a day trip to Versailles but I guess you must have a reason.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 50
2. Re: Versailles to Charles de Gaulle Airport

you need to be at the airport at 7:50 (not at the train station -- at the check in)

no way I am doing that by train the morning of from well outside Paris -- I would stay at an airport hotel (at not near the airport) for that last night and check in early enough to easily train into Paris for dinner and an evening in Paris and then be at the airport in time to get to the check in.

Paris, France
3. Re: Versailles to Charles de Gaulle Airport

It will work but you'll have to leave Versailles no later than 6:30 if you want to be at the airport by 8 am (assuming you are staying near Versailles Rive Gauche on RER C). The good thing about leaving early is beating rush hour.

Maitland, Florida
4. Re: Versailles to Charles de Gaulle Airport

We are attending an event near Versailles which is why we are staying out there. We will have just spent 3 nights in Paris prior to the event.

Maitland, Florida
5. Re: Versailles to Charles de Gaulle Airport

Do you have any suggestions as where to stay near the airport?

6. Re: Versailles to Charles de Gaulle Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:14 pm, January 26, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 7
7. Re: Versailles to Charles de Gaulle Airport

There's a Sheraton attached to Terminal 2 and a Hilton close by. I have stayed at a Marriott Courtyard a short shuttle bus away that was very nice.

8. Re: Versailles to Charles de Gaulle Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 28, 2014