We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grandes Eaux Musicales, times and gate enterance

Which Versailles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manhattan NY
reviews: 2
Grandes Eaux Musicales, times and gate enterance

Where exactly in the gardens are the tickets to the Grande Eaux Musicales purchased and how do I find the ticket booth after entering the gardens? Which is the best gate to enter the garden area to get to the ticket booth? I will not be visiting the Chatau or other exhibts. What are the hours of the Eaux Musicales operation in October 2011. The Chateau's web site says 11 am to 12 noon and from 2:30 to 4 pm. Is this currently correct? Regards Martin

Fairbanks, Alaska
reviews: 106
1. Re: Grandes Eaux Musicales, times and gate enterance

You won't be able to enter the gardens without a ticket, so you will have no problems finding the ticket booths,

If you are approaching the front of Versailles, you will see a small entrance building where visitors to the chateau go through security screening. Skip that, and instead go around to the left of the entrance building. There is a sign there that indicates the way to the gardens (Jardins), which are behind the chateau. If you look at the map of Versailles online, there is a red line showing this route.

When you are behind the chateau, you will see the ticket booths. ( If you enter near the grand canal, there are also ticket booths there.) When you buy your ticket, get a map of the fountains. Some (closer to the chateau) play at the earlier show, and more play at the later show. I enjoyed the experience more when we were closer to the canal than the chateau during the later show.

The hours posted on the website were correct when I was there in June.

Edited: 12:57 pm, October 16, 2011
Fairbanks, Alaska
2. Re: Grandes Eaux Musicales, times and gate enterance

I included the link to the Versailles map in the answer I wrote to your August post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187148-i1337-k474…

Manhattan NY
reviews: 2
3. Re: Grandes Eaux Musicales, times and gate enterance

Thanks again. Is the Saint Anthony Gate an enterance to the Garden and can Eaux Musicales tickets be purchased there. Regards Martin

Fairbanks, Alaska
4. Re: Grandes Eaux Musicales, times and gate enterance

The St Anthony gate is an access to the "park" area. If you enter there - instead of at the chateau - tthere is an entrance to the gardens (and ticket kiosks) at the grand canal.

5. Re: Grandes Eaux Musicales, times and gate enterance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 27, 2012