We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need some advise on traveling between Provence & Normandy

Which Versailles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kentfield...
I need some advise on traveling between Provence & Normandy

We will be staying in Aix and would like to go to Normandy before we stay in Paris. What is the easiest way to get from point A to point B. We had thought of staying in Versailles and renting a car from there to go to Normandy for the day and then back to Paris. This seems like it might be too much for 1 day. Would it be better to do a long day of traveling from Aix where we will have been staying and taking trains to Bayeux and spending the night and touring the area the next day then back to Paris?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Fairbanks, Alaska
reviews: 106
1. Re: I need some advise on traveling between Provence & Normandy

Driving to and from Versailles (or Paris) to Caen or Bayeux in one day is too much for one day. Taking the train and back in one day makes for a long day, but is doable.

Depending on where you want to go in Normandy, you could take the TGV direct from Aix to Rennes in under 6 hours.

But if you want to Gordon Aix to Caen or Bayeux, you'll need to change trains and stations in Paris.

2. Re: I need some advise on traveling between Provence & Normandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 24, 2012