We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone had experience with EasyJet?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salinas, CA
Anyone had experience with EasyJet?

My friend just booked flights for us with Easyjet from London to Paris and Paris to Turin the beginning of April. The price just sound very cheap, less than 50 Euro per person, which is cheaper than what I thought by bus and by train. Is this a good airline? What kind of planes do they have, (big or small)? How is the service?

I appreciate any feedback on this.

Hanover, Germany
1. Re: Anyone had experience with EasyJet?

Have a look at

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/easy.htm

New Orleans...
reviews: 242
2. Re: Anyone had experience with EasyJet?

Its like Southwest Airlines - but no frills! They fly 737s. There is no assigned seating. It is first come, first seated and when they open the boarding gate there is usually a rush of people running (I said running) to get to the plane and pick a seat. The in flight service is strictly cash only. No free snacks. They do such a quick turn around that toilets may not be pumped. I took an evening flight to Venice and the toilet smelled awful.

Having said that....the flights are short and cheap and such a good deal that you can put up with a little discomfort.

Warning - They have a very strict limit on carry on bag size. You can't bring anything much larger than a large purse or a briefcase. You may need to check something that you would consider a carry on in the USA. And they have different check in lines for checked baggage.

Victoria, Australia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Anyone had experience with EasyJet?

Hi JCR - my friend stayed in Ireland all of last year and had frequent trips via Easy jet. Whilst the price is good, please make sure you allow plenty of time to get there for checkin. Apparently they say you must be there 30 minutes before the flight - well, he had on a couple of occassions, arrived 45 minutes before the flight and was told he was too late and didn't get on - no refund, no alternative flight. So, bearing that in mind, I'd suggest you get there an hour before your flight.

Having said all this, I pondered the same question when I was planning my trip and received very good advice from KDKSAIL, re the time, cost and effort required to get to and fro the airports, versus the convenience of arriving in the centre of Paris via Eurorail. I was able to purchase Eurostar return tickets for 59 pounds per person, which I thought was quite reasonable.

However, as your tickets have already been bought, just get there early!!

Salinas, CA
4. Re: Anyone had experience with EasyJet?

Thanks everyone for your help.

5. Re: Anyone had experience with EasyJet?

Flew from London to Edinburgh. Great flight - plane was new, clean, and the service was friendly. We had no problems and were amazed at the cheap flight. They are very strict about baggage weight but other than that it was just like flying a major airline (minus the complimentary beverage service).