We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from Beauvais Airport

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
transport from Beauvais Airport

We land at Beauvais airport on Ryanair on Sunday August 24 at 17:45 (if it's on time). We need to get to our airport hotel near CDG. It was our intention to get to CDG, then take the hotel's shuttle from CDG to the hotel. Our hotel is Millennium Hotel Paris Charles De Gaulle, 2, Allee du Verger, Roissy En France, FR, 95700.

Finding transport is proving difficult. We are both in our late 60s. Do you have suggestions? Reasonably priced would be most welcome.

Edited: 12:06 pm, March 17, 2014
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 25
1. Re: transport from Beauvais Airport

Do you have to stay at a CDG airport for a flight the next day? What time is your flight? To where?

I ask because it's a very long journey from Beauvais to CDG. And, if your flight is not too early, it may be far easier to spend the night near Porte Maillot, enjoy a nice dinner in the neigborhood, and take the Air France coach to CDG the following morning.

If you have to get to that airport hotel, you could book a shuttle service. One that comes recommended is

http://shuttle-inter.com/rates.htm

I have no personal experience with this company (actually a private car service) and there has been the very occasional report of no-show or late driver (not so critical arriving at an airport versus departing).

Or, you could take the official Beauvais Shuttle (17 Euros, 1-1/4 hours) to Porte Maillot. From there, the Air France coach would be convenient and comfortable, but you could economize by taking the Metro/RER.

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: transport from Beauvais Airport

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we are flying out the next day via Air Canada flight 881 at 11 am from CDG terminal 2a to Toronto. So, yes, we wanted to stay at a hotel next to CDG for ease of flight on the Monday.

So your suggestion is to take the shuttle from Beauvais to Port Maillot, then Air France Shuttle (or metro.RER) to CDG rather than try to find transit direct from Beauvais to CDG. Very good idea.

I checked and it does look like this routing will work. The Air France shuttle does leave from Port Maillot so that's perfect. Still, I think we'll do all the shuttling about on the Sunday rather than spend the night at Port Maillot. Just makes the Monday easier.

We appreciate your help and suggestions. All the best.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 25
3. Re: transport from Beauvais Airport

That may not be so "easier" as you would presume.

If you will rely on the airport shuttle, know that it's important to determine the time of the earliest shuttle bus and allow a LOT of time. On busy mornings, one bus after another may be too full for you (more people getting on than off that early in the morning) and you may have to wait for the next bus, the one after that, etc., to board. The route is circuitous and makes stops at all the hotels along the way, then at the various terminals. It takes time for people to get on/off with their bags. So, usually slow going...

If you were to spend the night at Porte Maillot, the Air France coaches start at 7:25 AM from there and the ride is about 1/2 hour.

Or, if that's not enough time, you could book a taxi leaving earlier.

Personally, I'd find it far more pleasant to stay at Porte Maillot and have a nice dinner in Paris, than spend the night in a hotel "near" CDG and deal with the airport shuttle.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
4. Re: transport from Beauvais Airport

There is a lot of extra expense when you attempt to save money using companies like Ryanair. If there are 2 of you transitioning from BVA to CDG, the Port Maillot option will work for you but you´ll spend 68€ for a trip that will take anywhere from 2½ to 3 hours assuming you take the bus to bus option (cost is 17€ per leg per person).

For that price I would look at hiring a taxi from BVA and going directly to CDG, which would take about one hour.

Another option would be the contact VEA and confirm that you could board their 19h30 bus to Disney via CDG and get off at CDG. They advertise the price at 15€ each.

An 11h00 transatlantic departure requires your being at the airport at 08h00 and I personally would rather be in position for the flight home.

5. Re: transport from Beauvais Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 19, 2015