We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Paris?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, Nebraska
Where to stay in Paris?

I am a solo 25 year old female traveler that will be in Paris for one day and one night before heading to Amsterdam for a Study Abroad trip. I am wanting suggestions for a part of town or a hotel to stay in. I want a budget friendly hotel. I think I want my own room. I want to see as much as I can in one day so any suggestions you have would be great! I want to see the Eiffel tower and notre dame for sure! Thanks for any help!

17 replies to this topic
los angeles
reviews: 41
1. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

What is your price range? Check Hotel Marignan on rue Sommerard in the 5th.

Edited: 11:21 pm, February 21, 2014
Waterloo, Belgium
reviews: 394
2. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

By your post, I'd gather you don't want to spend too much time in your hotel and not too much money; I selected a hotel close to gare du nord so that you can go there easily on foot.

I'd recommend Hotel du pré - 9e - family owned, or Art Hotel Lafayette - I think this one is closest of both.

Hotel du pré is colse but since I go on bike, close can be long on foot with a luggage.

Both hotels are under 100 e per night, they are 2 of the hotels I 'discovered' in 2013 where I want to go back to.

Dallas
reviews: 6
3. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

I'm always on a budget and have stayed at Hotel Dieu twice - it's right on the RER B line, near metro stations and across the street from Notre Dame and across the river from the Latin Quarter. It's hard to get in so start early. It's extremely affordable, safe and you can't beat the location. Unfortunately the Hospital it was housed in was due to close, but have not heard if it actually did. Check them out - staff was wonderful both times I was there and very helpful!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 106
4. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

Latin Quarter (5th arrondissement) around Sorbonne and the Pantheon would be a good choice for a young person alone, in my opinion

Hôtel des 3 Collèges is a reasonably priced, simple clean hotel in that area

https://www.3colleges.fr/en/

Lincoln, Nebraska
5. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

I was thinking about staying close to the Paris Nord train station. Is that a good idea? Was thinking under $100 for budget.

Edited: 4:08 pm, February 22, 2014
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
6. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

near Nord station it is not the most picturesque area, kinda gritty

a $100 is about 70-75 euros today

Hôtel du Collège de France might have something

https://www.hotel-collegedefrance.com/en/

reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d271939…

Lincoln, Nebraska
7. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

would you say don't stay in that area? My train is leaving at 645 am and so I dont think I should be to far but I dont want to be in a bad area!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
8. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

I think it is okay but it would not be my first choice

it is well connected in terms of public transportation, so you could get about easily

Lincoln, Nebraska
9. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

I was thinking about doing the Paris L'OpenTour pass. Do you know anything about that? You can get on and off as you please right?

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
10. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

I've taken the Open Tour -- it has 4 routes and you can hop-on and hop-off as you please, there is a stop near Gare du Nord station (stop #5 on yellow route), and you can buy the pass when you first board the bus

more info here

www.parislopentour.com/paris-accueil.php…

Edited: 6:29 pm, February 22, 2014
Reply to: Where to stay in Paris?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted