We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro pass

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Metro pass

does the Navigo pass cover the RER trains in central Paris as well. we'll need to get from CDG to Luxembourg RER stop where we will be staying across the street. would the navigo cover that trip from the airport? What areas does it cover as well as well as costs and are they available for any 7 days or just mon- Sunday. We will be arriving on Wednesday for a week. Please let me know any other options for the metro as well. If you can send a link as well to the Paris metro.

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
1. Re: Metro pass

All of the métro/RER options are covered here:

www.ratp.fr

Saint Louis...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Metro pass

The Navigo Decouverte is only valid for Mon-Sun. A zone 1-5 pass will cost about 34 euros + 5 euros for the card. If you art arriving on Wednesday, you could use the card thru Sunday.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 25
3. Re: Metro pass

ND is valid Monday through Sunday.

It's valid on RER for the number of zones you load onto it.

To use it from CDG to Luxembourg, you'd have to load Zones 1-5.

Arriving on a Wednesday, it may or may not be worth your while to use the ND (it would be to me for the convenience), and/or load it with Zones 1-5. You'll have to do the math and consider how many times a day you'll likely ride, and whether you plan any other excursions beyond Zone 2 (Versailles, Fontainebleau, etc.) during the validity of the pass.

If you're leaving on Tuesday or Wednesday, it may not be worth your while to reload the ND.

Excellent resources for maps, routing, tickets prices, information on passes

www.transilien.com

www.ratp.fr

www.vianavigo.com

Toronto
4. Re: Metro pass

Can non residents buy the navigo, I read where some people were refused and they tried to sell them the more expensive card for tourists?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
5. Re: Metro pass

I believe the Navigo is for residents, but the Navigo Decouverte is for anyone.

Reply to: Metro pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted