We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Paris with a 2yr old. Stroller or no stroller?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, CA
reviews: 6
Traveling to Paris with a 2yr old. Stroller or no stroller?

Hello. We will be traveling to Paris in beginning of March with our 2.5yr old. I have been getting a lot of mixed feelings about whether I should take a stroller with us or not. We live in LA where it's not a whole of city walking and he's not so used to the stroller. I've also had many people tell me that the cobblestones are very difficult to get around with the stroller.

But at the same time, we plan on doing a lot of walking around in the city and as much as my son loves to walk, I'm sure he will be exhausted.... and we will be exhausted carrying him around. He is a little too big now for the ergo but we might bring that with us just in case.

Does anyone have any advise? Stroller or no stroller? Cheap umbrella stroller or a good stroller he can nap in? Ergo or not to ergo? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

California
reviews: 25
21. Re: Traveling to Paris with a 2yr old. Stroller or no stroller?

Having just been to Spain I recommend an easy folding stroller for stairs. I recently took my twins in their double stroller while sturdy the stairs and metro where a nightmare. ( I learned the hard way which places had lifts). An easy medium of around the $50 to hundred us dollar range should work. I have used the truly scrumptious from babies r us and for paris it will work from what was said and the trips on cruises I have done. I wouldn't do anything too cheap as they will just fall apart so test drive it in the store and practice folding it so you get a sense of what you like. I agree with you and others about ditching the cheaply umbrella stroller and pay a little more. What you or a friend already have may work as well.

22. Re: Traveling to Paris with a 2yr old. Stroller or no stroller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 20, 2015