We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire...
reviews: 51
Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

Having read lots of conflicting views about the market, I decided to go and have a look for myself today.

I thought it was fine. Don't expect to find master crafstmen, but it is not just a long line of stalls selling tourist tat. This are loads of nice food stalls (as well as a few 'sit-down' places), things for kids to do and lots of inexpensive souvenirs, knickknacks, jewelry, hat, scarves, gloves and jumpers, not to mention plenty of purveyors of vin chaud (mulled wine) and Christmas beer. I went during the daytime, when it wasn't too busy, and it was a pleasant way to spend an hour or so.

Paris, France
reviews: 34
1. Re: Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

I thought it was considerably improved this year, and I thank city hall for that. They had already started charging extremely higher rent for the chalets a year or two ago for purely commercial ventures compared to authentic artisans (something like 200€ for artisans and 1000€ for others), but it seemed to me that this year they have also eliminated all items that are either not Christmas themed or at least "gift" themed. In previous years, there were strange booths selling Chinese miracle herbs or just total junk that you might find at a stand at a rock concert.

London, United...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

We were there early Friday evening and thought it was quite fun, and there is a lot of it. If you are visiting after dark look out for Santa in his sleigh above your head. The children in the crowd loved it. I think it was every half hour and it was a real Santa :)

Fairfax, VA
reviews: 21
3. Re: Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

We were there last night too, girls enjoyed it, and are begging to go back again. Doubtful that we will, but certainly an enjoyable stroll.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 50
4. Re: Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

we found the merchandise uninspired last year but the food is pretty good street food and for kids there are lots of fun and different activities. we always combine a stroll up the market with a walk across Pont Alexandre timed to see the Tower sparkle on the hour . This little stroll is one of the great experiences in Paris and adding a little vin chaud has got to make it even better.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,400
5. Re: Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

Visited on a Saturday evening and it was shoulder to shoulder the entire stretch, at times quite difficult to move, like being back home in Hong Kong. However, the stalls were of good standard and the atmosphere was enjoyable. Would have preferred smaller crowds but what can you expect on a weekend? ;-)

Paris, France
reviews: 30
6. Re: Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

I was there Saturday evening too and it was unbearably busy. I can't really comment on the wares on sale as after 10 minutes, our thoughts turned exclusively to getting away from the crowds. It did seem better managed this year compared to previous years though with more police out controlling crossings, etc.

Brooksville, Florida
reviews: 11
7. Re: Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

We walked thru there a couple of times last week while we there and found it very enjoyable. Lots of food choices and a few stalls of decent stuff plus just loads of fun walking around. Wouldn't want to do it on a Saturday evening but mid afternoon in the middle of the week was just great.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,400
8. Re: Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

Included some photos of the Xmas Market review for Champs-Elysees from Saturday late afternoon. Some crowded shots included. See link if interested.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

orlando, fl
9. Re: Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

I see online that it says the market is open through January 5 but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that it is indeed open on January 1, when I know so many things are closed.

Paris, France
reviews: 118
10. Re: Christmas Market, Champs Elysees

All the markets are open every day, through the dates listed. Might be a little slow getting started on New Year's Day, but not by much.