We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle service from CDG to Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Little Egg Harbor
reviews: 9
shuttle service from CDG to Paris

Does any one know which is the best van or shuttle service to use in order to go from Charles deGaulle airport to Paris and back. We're actually staying 9 days in Paris at one hotel, going to Strasbourg and returning to another hotel in Paris for 5 additional days. A dream come true for us. Thanks for the info. DK

20 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: shuttle service from CDG to Paris

Shuttles in Paris have a reputation for unreliability. Just walk out of the terminal to the official taxi rank and take a Paris taxi. The cost will be around €50, which is comparable with the cost of shuttles.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 3
2. Re: shuttle service from CDG to Paris

Taxi is the most reliable , go directly to taxi rank without accepting any offers inside the terminal.

For a ride back to CDG phone G7 taxi line a night before.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 12
3. Re: shuttle service from CDG to Paris

Depending upon where you are staying and how many are traveling you may be able to take one of the airport busses and save a little bit of money.

Garden Grove...
4. Re: shuttle service from CDG to Paris

I prefer Shuttle-Inter.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
5. Re: shuttle service from CDG to Paris

Taxis will consistently cost you less (typically about 50€) than any shuttle, and that includes the company mentioned above.

If you post the location of your hotel, there may be other transportation options available to you.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 52
6. Re: shuttle service from CDG to Paris

Actually I just read very recently on here that someone paid 63 euros for a taxi to ET area.. so I don't think one can guarantee a 50 euro taxi ride.

A taxi can run from 45-55 quite easily.. with exceptions for bad traffic etc. About the same as some private shuttle companies.

I have used taxis, the RER and twice, Shuttle-Inter .. all were good options .

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
7. Re: shuttle service from CDG to Paris

<<I don't think one can guarantee a 50 euro taxi ride>>

No one can guarantee anything. Not that your shuttle will show, nor that you will pay a specific taxi fare, nor that you won´t be pick-pocketed on the RER.

I live near the ET, take taxis often from CDG, and have only once even come close to a 63€ fare and that was when A1 and A86 were both heavily backed up due to accidents. The median fare, what one would typically expect to pay, is 50€. And that´s for up to 3 people. Add from 1 to 4 more passengers and shuttles price themselves out of the market.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 52
8. Re: shuttle service from CDG to Paris

I have never paid less then 50 euros for a taxi into Paris Sarastro.. usually its between 50-55 , but I have paid 58 once too.. and thats with one suitcase and two people.

Although I personally have never paid less then 50 I have no issue with believing posters when they say they have paid 45 euros.. so therefore I have no issue believing others have paid more then 55 euros too.

Money is not however the only reason some choose to try other modes of transport.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
9. Re: shuttle service from CDG to Paris

The lowest I have paid for a taxi from CDG, within the last year, was 48€ which included a 2€ supplemental baggage fee (we were three passengers). Those traveling to Montmartre or areas in the northern portions of Paris should see fares below 50€ and slightly higher than that for those traveling to the 13th or 14th arrondissements; locations on the south side of Paris.

Additional considerations:

1. Always use an official taxi departing from the curbside taxi station. Never accept rides from clandestine drivers soliciting from within the terminals.

2. Prices to the airports are slightly higher unless one departs from a recognized taxi stand as the meters start when the taxi is dispatched.

3. During inclement weather, add 30 minutes to a departing Paris pickup time. If it is raining, allow 90 minutes to reach CDG. Fewer taxis are readily available during these periods and en route times may be slowed.

Australia
reviews: 42
10. Re: shuttle service from CDG to Paris

I am unsure too how a fare can be €50 from CDG considering only recently we paid €38 from gard nord train station to the 15th, the traffic was just so bad!

However, in saying that I used to be a fan of the shuttle bus but our third trip I realized I had just paid so much for a fare to get there why am I not catching a taxi as a shuttle only saves €20-40 (shuttle this time was €38 for the two). Reason I decided that next trip and ones after that we would never do it again is the unreliable service the time before and the worst was this time (several companies too do can't just say one is like this)

We arrived at 6.30am by the time we got through customs it was so quick we were out at 7am - our booking was for 7.45am - rang 'can you pick us up early' 'sorry we are fully booked you will need to wait'. That was fine as we did book 7.45am - time came and went rang again 'oh sorry he is picking up others at another terminal'. Ok fair enough, arrives at 8.30am ummmm nobody in the van so not sure were his pickup was. However, we then had to wait another 20mins as he wandered off and disappeared to look for another couple. This couple though was near us but he had a sign with their first names not their last, so when he had walked off we actually had talked to them and I said driver was looking for someone what's your last name. Nope it was something else. Finally he came back the driver and realized it was the other people. Think we left the airport at 9am, then we are always last as we're in the 15th. It didn't fuss me too much as I was in Paris!! But I did say next time I am jumping in a taxi and doing it that way instead of being at the airport for 2hrs I could of been in Paris having breakfast at a nice cafe. To me it's worth saving money elsewhere.

Cheers and have a great trip whatever you decide :D

Reply to: shuttle service from CDG to Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted