We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get about and least expensive?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
paisley
reviews: 3
best way to get about and least expensive?

Im arriving at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) on monday evening 25th nov 8.15pm leaving thurs 28th nov 8.45 pm.im staying at hotel atmospheres in latin quarter 31 rue des ecoles, 75005. I am travelling with my 9 yr old daughter. Looking to travel to disneyland on wednesday early arrival and late departure if possible. In between we would like to see eiffel tower. Champs elyees xmas lights and markets.

What would be the best form of transportation? And can i buy a pass to last 4 days etc

Leiden, The...
1. Re: best way to get about and least expensive?

Check out the ratp.fr website for info about different tickets and maps of the transport network.

I would recommend just buying a carnet (10) tickets, which will cost 13.30 euros as opposed to buying individual tickets at 1.70 each. Not sure if 9 year old will get a discount or not (see the website).

You'll need to get the RER to PDL. Buy two return tickets so that you don't have to waste time queuing for tickets to get back.

There is a separate PDL TA forum which might be useful for you

From CDG, take RER B (in the direction of Saint-Remy-les-Chevreuse) and get off at Saint-Michel Notre-Dame. Your hotel is about a 10 min walk from there.

reviews: 9
2. Re: best way to get about and least expensive?

To figure out if a pass would be good, do you know if you will prefer to travel from CDG to Paris hotel

- by taxi?

- by RER train?

If by taxi, a pass to cover *all* travel (incl. Disney) might not be cost-effective; and then your specific fares could be determined

If using RER for both arriving and departing, then a pass might be cost-effective (and convenient) for all your travels.

Calgary, Canada
3. Re: best way to get about and least expensive?

There is Navigo Decouverte Pass for zones 1 - 5. It's valid Monday - Sunday that maybe cost effective for you if you will buy and use it right away for your travel from / to airport as well as Disneyland . It covers unlimited travels within all zones and Paris of course. It costs E 34.40 per person, and I couldn't find out if there is a discount for children. There is additional E 5 for Pass that is valid for 10 years- keep it for future visits. You would also need your and daughter smaller than passport picture 25x35 mm. It can be cut from paper print face - nothing fancy. It is very, very convenient. You can use it on metro, Bus, or RER.

reviews: 9
4. Re: best way to get about and least expensive?

That's the one I was thinking about... no discounts for children, all ages are the same price.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 48
5. Re: best way to get about and least expensive?

by the time you put together 2 airport trips and a round trip to Disney, the ND will be worth is -- if you only come close to breaking even the convenience will be worth it.

if you take cabs to and from the airport (a perfectly good way to go) then get a mobilis pass for 5 zones on Disney day as it will cover all travel that day and costs about the same as a RT to Disney -- and then just use regular tickets (13.30 for 10) for any other travel. A 9 year old can have a half price carnet of tickets, but you are probably not there long enough to justify each buying your own carnet.

6. Re: best way to get about and least expensive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 24, 2014