We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pompidou Center & Picasso Museum

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 35
Pompidou Center & Picasso Museum

Bonjour, an FYI for those planning to visit the Pompidou Center over the next 4-5 weeks. Level 5 is closed until October 21. I was disappointed yesterday to find that only Level 4 was open, plus the special exhibit floor. Level 4 is contemporary art, Level 5 is 20th Century modern art, for example, Picasso. You can still go to the top level for the excellent view of Paris, however.

Speaking of Picasso, I can tell you that the Picasso Museum is definitely closed. I walked by the other day, and the builidng is a shell, I believe the sign says the estimated opening is April 2014. From the looks of things, though, I'd be surprised if it is open by then.

PARIS
reviews: 412
1. Re: Pompidou Center & Picasso Museum

Bummer....but useful warning for others.

Paris, France
2. Re: Pompidou Center & Picasso Museum

Je dirais même plus : bump.

Usefull information.

SF Bay Area, CA
reviews: 19
3. Re: Pompidou Center & Picasso Museum

We'll be there in a couple of weeks and this bums me out. Oh well, I have plenty of stuff to see there! LOL

Paris, France
reviews: 118
4. Re: Pompidou Center & Picasso Museum

Might as well add that the Unicorn Tapestries have left the building - if that's the only reason anyone plans to visit the Musee Cluny. Plenty of other things to see there, though.

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 12
5. Re: Pompidou Center & Picasso Museum

I think the Roy Lichtenstein retrospective at the Pompidou is still on. At least I hope it still is. There's also an exhibit of Georges Braque that just opened at the Grand Palais.

6. Re: Pompidou Center & Picasso Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 20, 2014