We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St.Michel apartment

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Allentown...
reviews: 1
St.Michel apartment

I found this apartment in a great location, perfect for our family of 3. Has anyone used this agency?

home-rental.com/rent-apartment/paris-5/305001

reviews: 9
1. Re: St.Michel apartment

I didn't find any forum references using a search for "home-rental.com" ....

there are a lot of apartments and agencies that come highly recommended by frequent TA posters - it might be better/safer to seek advice for the type/size/location of the apartment you want, as well as what time of year you plan to use it...

San Diego
reviews: 43
2. Re: St.Michel apartment

I agree with travelnutty. I also could not find any mention of this agency when I googled the name, only when you put in an exact web address.

A quick look at the website also gave me pause. Under the FAQ section, everything is detailed except if you have to pay for electricity, water, and gas, which has no answer. Phone calls are charged at twice the rate (many rental companies give you free phone calls.) AND the biggest concern: "Should a preceding client wish to extend his stay (or other circumstances), we have the right to give you an equivalent apartment or of higher quality. This is an advantage: you may have a superior apartment and you will have the priority to extend your stay. " So you may not end up with the apartment you chose at all!

I'm also not quite sure why 99% of the info is in English, but then little details like if there is an elevator or not is in French (the one you posted a link for does not have an elevator, btw.)

Do a search here, there are many many threads with references to vetted apartment rentals.

Minnesota
reviews: 457
3. Re: St.Michel apartment

If there are any questions about a flat or home rental then you should look elsewhere. The two previous posters have questions so I must agree with their view.

There are several outfits doing such rentals in Paris and you only need to google "flat (or apartment) rentals in Paris" and go from there. Don't take any place that looks questionable and that you are not fully sold on. These companies are not hard to find.

Yes, you can also use recommendation on Trip Advisor to help you find a place.

Many of the flat rental companies include recommendations by others who have stayed in each apartment and those are invaluable in enabling you to make a decision. If you spot a few negative comments then think seriously about not going there. If there are no reviews then perhaps the place has gone on the market recently and that means that you cannot be sure about what you will find. And if you should be able to ask questions of the rental agency or the owner. For example, is it a real bed or a sofa bed, is there a lift (elevator) if the flat is on a higher floor, is there a full kitchen, TV, telephone, cleaning charge or any other hidden charges, etc.

Allentown...
4. Re: St.Michel apartment

Thank you all for confirming my thoughts! Amama, I did not realize there were hidden charges. I really appreciate the advice. I will continue to search through the forum or post another question. Thanks so much!

Boston...
reviews: 9
5. Re: St.Michel apartment

5inafamily, you don't say when you're traveling, but have a look at Paris Best Lodge, Vacation In Paris and France For Rent, just to get you started. These get good reviews at medium-priced, reliable rental agencies for Paris apartments.

Allentown...
6. Re: St.Michel apartment

I will take a look through their rentals. Thanks so much!

7. Re: St.Michel apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 06, 2014