We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 61
Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

I am trying to find a hotel that isn't horrible or massively overpriced, that is either near to the centre or very near to a metro/tram stop, and am about to lose the will to live!!

We have 2 babies, one aged 1 and one aged 2 - we don't need 2 rooms, extra beds etc because they have their own travel cots. I am looking for a stay under £300 ideally. Every time I find a deal that looks good, as soon as I type in 2 babies, the room prices shoot up from £250 to nearer £500 which is ridiculous as they do not need extra beds.

Has anyone got any recommendations/ideas before I give up and stay somewhere else....

Thanks in advance :-)

25 replies to this topic
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 24
1. Re: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

<<Every time I find a deal that looks good, as soon as I type in 2 babies, the room prices shoot up from £250 to nearer £500 which is ridiculous as they do not need extra beds.>>

That's the way it is. In Paris, you must book a room for the number of people who will occupy the room, regardless of age, size, whether you need beds. The typical hotel room for 2 adults will not have sufficient aisle space for travel cots and there are strict occupancy ordinances which hotels do not ignore.

So, you will need to book a room for four or two rooms.

Depending on the length of your stay, you may want to consider an apartment, or aparthotel rather than a hotel.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

Hotel rooms in Paris can be very small, and they are very strict about occupancy. A double room will often barely have room for the luggage of 2 occupants, let alone room for 2 extra occupants - even if they are babies. You will need to look for hotels with a "family" room.

UK
reviews: 61
3. Re: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

Thanks but the hotels I'm looking at are larger more corporate ones for that reason, I've entirely given up looking for the more boutique options!

Saint Louis...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

It doesn't matter whether you are looking at corporate hotels or botique hotels you will need a room for 4 people. If you book a room for 2 and show up with 4 you could be turned away. Based on previous forum posts I know that there are budget-friendly family rooms available in Paris. When are you traveling? What is your budget, in euros, per night?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 47
5. Re: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

if you don't want to be left standing on the street with two portacribs and two toddlers and no room, you will need to book a quad room. You don't just get to set up your own beds and expect double room charges. I would suggest calling hotels rather than trying to book on line in hopes that with two babies they might agree to let you book a triple or something. But without written confirmation that the room is for two adults and two children, you run an enormous risk of having no room. And if you think finding a quad is tough now imagine doing it while standing on the street in Paris with your luggage.

A couple reported in this forum recently arriving in Paris with a double room and their 18 month old and being denied the room.

Marseille, France
reviews: 5
6. Re: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

Recently stayed in a hotel double room in Paris with a portacot. It was very very cramped. The only thing our baby could do in the room was play on the bed as no space on the floor.

I usually have no trouble getting a double room for two adults and a baby, the hotels mostly supply a crib / portacot. I have never been denied booking a double, but I will always book through the hotel via email. I also email again a few days out to remind and confirm the avaiability of the cot.

But like already recommended you might need a family room just for space.

Call or email the hotel directly for a quote.

NZ
reviews: 26
7. Re: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

I second DJK's suggestion of looking for a short term stay apartment. Far more flexible with 2 small children re meals, washing etc etc.

Oceanside...
reviews: 5
8. Re: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

The Best Western Sydney Opera on rue Mathurins behind the Madeleine and before Haussman has triples. With two kids that age and size, they could both fit into one bed together. Give it a go.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 47
9. Re: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

it isn't about fitting in one bed -- it is about the hotel allowing 4 in the room -- they might with a triple, but the OP needs written confirmation of that

Allentown...
reviews: 11
10. Re: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies

Check the Accor chain. I have stayed in Ibis hotels and I remember the option of family rooms. But I would call and get a confirmation by emial and not depend on the website only.

Please come back and let us know what you've found. This a common problem for traveling families.

Reply to: Hotel near the centre for 2 adults and 2 babies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted