We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 5
Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

My office are looking to go to Paris for 1 night in December for a work Christmas outing. I am looking for a restaurant that will allow us to book a table for 10 people.

Budget-wise we have about 100 euros a head and we will be staying in the Saint Germain des Pres area although not that restricted as to being in that area.

Do anyone know of anywhere that will take 10 of us?

Many thanks as always.

10 replies to this topic
PARIS
reviews: 355
1. Re: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

Phil!

This is should no major problem but what sort of place did you have in mind?

Vibe? Atmosphere? Style of cuisine?

UK
2. Re: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

Thank you for the reply!

We would like somewhere fairly lively as it is a Christmas dinner however a couple of the group are in their 60's so nothing too crazy.

Ideally we would like some French cuisine, when in Rome....oh, I mean Paris!

Paris, France
3. Re: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

Not in the area, but have a look at one of the private rooms of Bistrot du Sommelier: bistrotdusommelier.com/contents/en-us/d2_bis…

Good food, very interesting wine pairings (often with little know wines), lovely host, and a nice atmsophere. You could go for any of their 3 menus with that budget. Of course, this choice does not make sense if several members in your party are not at all into wine.

PARIS
4. Re: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

Thinking maybe J'Go could be an option. Have a look at their address in Saint Germain.

Lively! With good food and wines.

You could enjoy yourselves with your budget.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 20
5. Re: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

Les Papilles in the 5th has a room downstairs that would seat all of you and you would have it to yourselves. The only thing is that a no choice menu is served (very good value, though, about 35 euros for 4 courses) and wine is well priced, so you could easily meet the 100 euro/person objective.

Jo

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
reviews: 4
6. Re: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

I know it's kind of an old saw, but I like Bofinger for these types of events. And you can get a discount coupon online for I think 10% off.

UK
7. Re: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

Thank you so much for all the recommendations, I will certainly look into all of these options.

One place that was mentioned to a colleague was La Coupole but I have seen mixed reviews. Has anyone got an experience of this restaurant? It is certainly the style of place we have in mind.

Thanks again :o)

Paris, France
8. Re: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

All the large brasseries, including La Coupole, try to offer a wider selections of dishes than can reasonably be expected to ensure top results in all categories. So it will be hit or miss depending on the dish chosen. Look among the past threads, there was recently a debate about Closerie des Lilas: while I really like their tartare there, it seems another poster had a poor experience with an entrecote (confirmed through a number of reviews). Same at one of my favorite brasseries, Le Balzar: poultry dishes are dull, but their andouillette is very good and their baba au rhum one of the best in Paris.

PARIS
9. Re: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

Agree with above. Beautiful place.

The only slight reservation I might have about a big brasserie is that service can be a little 'brisk' and impersonal at times (there are often complaints made about that here on TA).

Note that the bill can quickly mount up as well, although your budget should be ok.

Paris, France
10. Re: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people

Forgot to ask: what would be the exact day for dinner? Most brasseries will have a special "Xmas" / "Saint Sylvester" fixed menu on 24/25th and 31st/1st respectively, with vastly inflated prices.

Reply to: Restaurant recommendation for 10 people
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted