We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris trip changed to April....

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galloway, New Jersey
reviews: 93
Paris trip changed to April....

Hello all,

My wife and I had to change our September trip to Paris to last week of April.

Can anyone chime in on weather, any events happening, any suggestions, etc... I literally just changed it.

** Also, I had bought Eiffel Tower tickets. Does anyone know if they would exchange for some date in the future? if not, I will have to give them away.

Thank you all,

Roger

5 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 37
1. Re: Paris trip changed to April....

FWIW we have been going to Paris in April for 12 years and the weather is a crap-shoot. One year it was as warm as a summer day while other years it waas cooler and rainy part of the time. Most years it has been more traditionally spring-like and the flowers and trees have already started to bloom. For the cooler weather there is vin chaud and still a few chestnut vendors, and for warm weather there are sidewalk cafes.

Pjk

Hertfordshire
reviews: 16
2. Re: Paris trip changed to April....

Paris in spring is a very popular time to visit. Have you managed to swap your accommodation over?

As far as the weather goes, there are no guarantees for April (or your original month of September come to that) but we have visited several times and have had nice weather in both months as well as not-so-nice in one or the other. The weather will be what it will be. Paris is a beautiful city and unless you are very unlucky, it is not likely to rain on every single day you are there.

By the way, Easter Sunday falls on 20th April 2014.

I'm afraid I cannot help you with your Eiffel Tower tickets. Is there any way you can send an email to ask?

Edited: 11:21 am, July 30, 2013
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 24
3. Re: Paris trip changed to April....

This past April, over two weeks, weather varied from chilly but sunny, hot and sunny, gray and cold, all day rain, somewhat warm and sunny. There's just no predicting.

However, Paris is in bloom all over with Spring bulbs and flowering trees and just glorious!

Check a long range forecast to finalize your packing, plan on layers so as to be comfortable while out and about and not have to curtail your activities due to weather.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Paris trip changed to April....

AFAIK Eiffel Tower tickets are not refundable.

Galloway, New Jersey
reviews: 93
5. Re: Paris trip changed to April....

Thanks PamJo.

Yes, I was able to swap the dates on the hotels no problem.

The weather is what it is...it wont stop us from enjoying the city!

We have booked cookign classes and a Louvre Tour, in addition to vosoting the Summit at the Tower. The rest of our 5 days we will wander around to where our walks take us.

Then onto Amsterdam for 3 days before returning home to our children!

Reply to: Paris trip changed to April....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted