We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Days in Paris--Itinerary Suggestions

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NC
reviews: 1
2 Days in Paris--Itinerary Suggestions

First trip to Paris--Arriving on a Friday morning in August--staying by Eiffel Tower--got a great room with a view, so have all day and evening to explore that area. Switching hotels on Saturday--across from Notre Dame. Flying out Sunday afternoon/Orly. Appreciate any suggestions for sites to see/things to do that are in the areas of each of my hotels. My top ideas/thoughts so far are Eiffel Tower, Louve, Notre Dame, Montmartre, Seine River cruise. Which should I see on each day so that it is best situated to my different locations? Would love a few cafes/bistros with character.

Thanks,

D

7 replies to this topic
reviews: 15
1. Re: 2 Days in Paris--Itinerary Suggestions

Sorry, but there is *no way* I'd spend my one & only morning in Paris packing up suitcases, checking out, moving across town, checking back in, & unpacking. You must have had an overwhelmingly good reason for doing this.

Otherwise, it makes sense to see the Eiffel Tower when you're right there. And river cruises take off from near both locations so fit that in at night either place, after the other stuff is closed for the day.

NC
2. Re: 2 Days in Paris--Itinerary Suggestions

Good point, I was trying to decide between the two hotels. When I was able to book the exact room I wanted with a view of the Eiffel Tower I obviously chose it--however the room was not available for the second night. The hotel had a room--just not the great view room. Wondering if the location across from Notre Dame is worth the hassle of making the switch?

Thoughts?

reviews: 15
3. Re: 2 Days in Paris--Itinerary Suggestions

For me, it would absolutely not be worth it, but you might make a different choice. I'd be unable to reconcile the several hours the move would take against what I could otherwise be doing with that time.

NC
4. Re: 2 Days in Paris--Itinerary Suggestions

I am staying at hotel duquesne eiffel first night--next is hotel le notre dame. If I stay at first hotel, how much extra traveling to see sights around Notre Dame and Lourve?

reviews: 9
5. Re: 2 Days in Paris--Itinerary Suggestions

You would spend more time moving hotels than it will take to metro to/from the Notre Dame area. Most people stay in one spot and travel all around Paris each day, be it 2 days or a month...

My thoughts:

Montmartre is not anywhere near the Eiffel nor Notre Dame...

Around the Eiffel:

- the Eiffel / Champ de Mars

- Seine Cruise (Bateaux Parisiens)

- Invalides / Napoleon's Tomb / Musee de l'Armee

- Musee Rodin

Around Notre Dame /Louvre:

- Notre Dame

- Sainte Chapelle

- Seine Cruise (Vedettes de Pont Neuf)

- Latin Quarter area

- Musee du Louvre

- Tuileries gardens

- Palais Royal / gardens

p.s. quoting you: "staying by Eiffel Tower--got a great room with a view, so have all day and evening to explore that area"

- - do you see that you will have a 'great room' but you will be OUT of it all day and evening? lol

- - I would prefer to rebook a hotel for 2 nights where I don't even have to change rooms, and do my sightseeing from there. How many hours are you going to stare at the Eiffel out a window..?

Edited: 11:15 am, July 30, 2013
Nottingham, United...
reviews: 118
6. Re: 2 Days in Paris--Itinerary Suggestions

I would stay put.

Surely you won't be at the hotel much anyway so I can't see why the view is so important.

I would use the time you have got to see the sights which must be why you are going to Paris in the first place isn't it.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 118
7. Re: 2 Days in Paris--Itinerary Suggestions

I would stay put.

Surely you won't be at the hotel much anyway so I can't see why the view is so important.

I would use the time you have got to see the sights which must be why you are going to Paris in the first place isn't it.

Reply to: 2 Days in Paris--Itinerary Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted