We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Museum Pass

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 37
Paris Museum Pass

Hi,

Just after your advice: should we buy the museum pass online? on eurostar or when we first arrive in paris?

Thanks in advance!

7 replies to this topic
Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 7
1. Re: Paris Museum Pass

Just buy it at the first museum you go to. There's no need to buy it online ahead of time. Although I've heard you shouldn't buy it at the Louvre because it's always so busy there. Pick a smaller museum as your first stop, and you won't have any problems. I bought mine at the Cluny when I went.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
2. Re: Paris Museum Pass

The queues at the pyramid entrance to the Louvre are for security, not tickets, and can be avoided by using the entrance from the underground Carousel shopping centre. Once through security, buying a ticket takes only a minute or so.

Buy at any museum covered by the pass, except at the Orangerie, Musée d'Orsay, Ste-Chappelle or Notre Dame towers, all of which have big queues.

Hayti, Missouri
reviews: 31
3. Re: Paris Museum Pass

It's easy to buy once you get into the city. I would recommend going to one of the smaller museums first to pick up the pass, or you can even get it at the airport or most of the major train stations (I bought one a few years ago at Gare de Lyon). There's definitely no need to purchase it in advance online.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
4. Re: Paris Museum Pass

>>There's definitely no need to purchase it in advance online.<<

Indeed, there is no point in buying online. They don't mail out the pass, so to collect it you have to stand in the normal ticket line at one of the places that sells it.

Little Rock
reviews: 82
5. Re: Paris Museum Pass

I bought my Museum pass at the Pantheon and my second one at Notre Dame. There is no need to buy it online and have to collect it at the tourist office.

Holland, Michigan
reviews: 45
6. Re: Paris Museum Pass

We did buy online and needed to pickup at the tourist office. I spent as much time in the tourist office line as I would one of the smaller museums. It was easier to buy via the Internet. I had problems with my credit card in paris so I tried to per buy as much as I could. The credit card company I used kept blocking my card even with calling in advance. For us it also was spreading the cost of the trip over a few more months.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 67
7. Re: Paris Museum Pass

If you happen to be in the area of the Eiffel Tower, they sell them there, and the line is reasonable all day long.

Reply to: Paris Museum Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted