We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skyscrapers in Paris!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 54
Skyscrapers in Paris!

Interesting article on BBC today regarding the future of the Paris skyline. I am sure this will be met with horror by many and welcomed by a few... but will it attract more tourism?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22811518

Paris, France
reviews: 33
1. Re: Skyscrapers in Paris!

I'm waiting to see the Russian "Hermitage Plaza" begin to rise in La Défense first -- twin towers 86 floors each.

As for the possible buildings in Paris, they are along the périphérique where there are already high rise buildings. Naturally, some people will always oppose them.

Paris 4th Arr
reviews: 7
2. Re: Skyscrapers in Paris!

These projects have been open to public comment with detailed models on display at the Pavillon d'Arsenal for years. Not exactly breaking news and like K2 says, it's out near the périphérique amongst dozens of tall 1960-70 era apartment blocks. Not an issue for tourists and if executed as thoughtfully as is shown in the planning documents, it will more likely be an enhancement along the lines of the area around the Bibliothèque in the 13th. From what I've seen, most of the development projects in the queue are far more elegant and respectful to the history of the city than they were back in the days of the eyesores like Centre Pompidou and Forum des Halles.

London, United...
reviews: 54
3. Re: Skyscrapers in Paris!

I never claimed it was breaking news, I just thought it was an interesting article to read if you wish. I am sure to some people this is breaking news.

Paris 4th Arr
4. Re: Skyscrapers in Paris!

Sorry Biz. I didn't mean it THAT way. Thanks for sending it out. I'm glad I saw it.

New York City, New...
reviews: 177
5. Re: Skyscrapers in Paris!

Breaking news to me. Thanks for posting. Glad to read it won't be near the center!

Boston...
reviews: 11
6. Re: Skyscrapers in Paris!

I was always under the impression that 7 floors was the maximum within the Périphérique. Is that so? If it is, it could never happen in the center, Doby.

Paris 4th Arr
7. Re: Skyscrapers in Paris!

The high rise apartments are pretty common in some areas near the périphérique (on either side of it).

http://tinyurl.com/kaweefn

This picture is typical along the T3 tramway in the south.

Paris, France
reviews: 33
8. Re: Skyscrapers in Paris!

The height limits are completely different in the center of Paris and at the perimeter of Paris.

Montelimar, France
reviews: 1
9. Re: Skyscrapers in Paris!

2019 is the new date for Hermitage plaza

http://defense-92.fr/lesprojets.html

10. Re: Skyscrapers in Paris!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 20, 2014