We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in July & August 2014

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
reviews: 78
Paris in July & August 2014

My husband and I are heading to Paris in July/Aug 2014 and would like your Help.

We are looking for a nice clean tidy well maintained Hotel, or service Apartment with a kitchenette, Coffee making facilities, a reasonable sized bathroom, and spacious room, with free WiFi and a flat screen TV.... to stay in for a week.

Last time we were in Paris our hotel bathroom was so small we couldn't both be in there at one time, and there was no room to put a suitcase and move comfortably around the room. The restaurants were not good at giving us a nice small meal unless you went to McDonalds on the Champs Elysees but who wants to do that while in Paris. Then it rained and rained (June)....not good for enjoying Paris.

We need your help to make this time in Paris a memory of a life time.When is it less likely to Rain, what Hotel do you recommend, what restaurants do you recommend. Come on Paris experts please do help. We are coming from New Zealand and its such a long trip we want it to be a successful holiday this time.

34 replies to this topic
Saratoga Springs, NY
reviews: 116
1. Re: Paris in July & August 2014

Hotel rooms in Paris are not known for being spacious, unless you have the cash for an expensive suite.

You can contact Paris Best Lodge or Guest Apartment Services or Vacation in Paris (take out the spaces and add a .com after the names for their websites) -- all three are heartily recommended on this site, although occasionally VIP has had a complaint about the place not being clean enough. You can search this site and judge the complaints/complainants for yourself. As an added perk, some apartments allow for free calls back home (but really double check - don't assume!!)

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 29
2. Re: Paris in July & August 2014

we are going in August and have booked an apartment through airbnb, not serviced, but it gives us the privacy and space we want.

We also opted to stay in one of the outer arrondisements, to get a slightly larger space.

Auckland Region...
3. Re: Paris in July & August 2014

Hi,

Thank you, we will look into all these options. We know what you mean with you say rooms in Paris are not known to be spacious, this time we would like to walk around the bed without jumping over the suitcase. We arent asking for rooms like you get in New Zealand with space galore.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 54
4. Re: Paris in July & August 2014

As for food I am baffled, I can find a million places to eat in Paris that can offer a better small meal then Mcdonalds.I personally avoid eating anywhere on Champs anyways its always so expensive there.

Eat in cafes, they often have just nice salads and sandwiches, fries and steaks, basic food. Eat food from street stands, I love a ham and cheese crepe eaten sitting on a bench facing some amazing site.

Go to a bakery for a take out quiche, or sandwich.

No one can guarantee you weather, I have been cold in August and hot at beginning of June, its really weird weather there, but I am used to it as we have similar weird unpredictable weather.Avoiding November - April is likely best if you want nice weather, but some people luck out and get a week of sun and t shirt weather in late march, so all I can say is good luck to you!

Yes, places are smaller in Paris,, unless you have lotsa money!

Le Bugue, France
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
reviews: 4
5. Re: Paris in July & August 2014

<<Last time we were in Paris our hotel bathroom was so small we couldn't both be in there at one time, and there was no room to put a suitcase and move comfortably around the room. The restaurants were not good at giving us a nice small meal unless you went to McDonalds on the Champs Elysees but who wants to do that while in Paris. Then it rained and rained (June)....not good for enjoying Paris.>>

I've spent time in well more than 100 hotel rooms in Paris and can't remember any one where more than one person could be in a bathroom at a time. Even at my fairly large 4-bedroom, 2-bath house in France, you can't fit more than one person in either bathroom at a time (and not sure why you'd need to). It's just not the norm.

Yes, a lot of hotel rooms are small unless you want a sterile U.S.-type chain hotel, which I never would. Research apartments if you want more space, but it's not true that every hotel room in a decent Parisian hotel is all that cramped.

I have no idea what you mean about small meals. I've never eaten in a MacDonald's in Paris and I am a notorious small eater - will eat anything, but quantities have to be very small by American standards - and have never once had a problem finding some small delicious thing to eat.

Well, it rained and rained...sorry about that but no one here or anywhere can help with that.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 25
6. Re: Paris in July & August 2014

For gigantic (for Paris) hotels rooms

http://hotel-langlois.com/en/home.html

(have a look at the photos under each room type).

Our room had a huge (beautiful, antique) "wardroble" with ample room for our clothing and empty suitcases, along with a nicely sized bathroom, dining table and chairs, marble fireplace (decoration only), empty fridge, etc. We enjoyed the hotel and its location very much.

It's a very traditional hotel with lovely service. Not a chain. Not a "boutique", per se, hotel.

Agree that there are plenty of places all over Paris for light bites and small plates. When you're ready, come back for recommendations.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 29
7. Re: Paris in July & August 2014

for food we usually do super markets, I much prefer nibbles over a full meal. We get some bits to carry around with us as well.

Being Vegan we don't have the luxury of nipping into just anywhere, there are a lot of good veggie resto's in Paris, so we tend to plan our day's activities so we can end up near the place we'd like to eat.

one my fave place places is l'As du falafel in the Marais. life changing Falafel!

Marseille, France
reviews: 5
8. Re: Paris in July & August 2014

When in France....

I love finding a little cafe or bar. Order a nice wine and some little platters of cheeses and deli style meats. They look small, but it is such a nice relaxing experience.

Auckland Region...
9. Re: Paris in July & August 2014

Thank you Joan that's a real help to us. We have watched a few YouTube clips lately and got more of an idea we will look out for small bakeries and cafes this time. Last time we were on a tour and they just took us to the biggest and brightest.

Auckland Region...
10. Re: Paris in July & August 2014

Hi djkbooks ,Thank you that site was helpful, I am impressed with the rooms in the Hotel Langlois - they are beautiful and very roomy (for Paris), the bathroom in the superior room has a view (wow) and free Wi Fi its won me over. Also its right by the M12 Trinité - d'Estienne d'Orves station which makes it easy to commute. Also this hotel is only 10min walk to Galeries Lafayette which I have read alot about...looking forward to going there. Thanks again.

Reply to: Paris in July & August 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted