We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padlock's bridge in paris ?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ashqelon, HaDarom...
Padlock's bridge in paris ?

Hi ,

i have read an article saying that te original padlock bridge was removed by the city ,

it was mentioned that people are still puttig locks on two diffrent bridges nearby ,

i wanted to ask anybody who was recently there ,

wich one is active now ?

would save me alot of time searching for the right one ...

Thank you !

Saint Louis...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Padlock's bridge in paris ?

No, as far as I know the Pont des Arts has not been removed by the city and the locks are still there. I hope you are just wanting to have a look, and have no intentions of vandalizing the bridge.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 54
2. Re: Padlock's bridge in paris ?

Do you always deface historic sites in cities you visit?

Minneapolis
reviews: 37
3. Re: Padlock's bridge in paris ?

Pont de Arts is still there and full of the dreadful locks. Please don't add to the blight.

Ashqelon, HaDarom...
4. Re: Padlock's bridge in paris ?

No intention to add any padlock you can relax :)

just wanted to pass there with my girlfriend .

thank you all for the information !

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 23
5. Re: Padlock's bridge in paris ?

The Pont des Arts bridge is still there, and it's the bridge that originally had the padlocks when they became popular. No bridges have been removed. However, the Pont des Arts is itself not original, since it was rebuilt in the 1980s with fewer arches (but with approximately the same architectural style as its predecessor).

6. Re: Padlock's bridge in paris ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 11, 2014