We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lebara Sim says address not valid

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
reviews: 56
Lebara Sim says address not valid

Ok I have read every thread on Lebara sims since early 2012. Sorry I had to actually start another thread.

I have tried to order it online on the English version of the site. Interesting thing is that when I put my house number ( I put in my street address) it says that address is not valid. This is even before I put in my City State Country followed by France as other posters have suggested. It appears that the site has no problems with anything other then my street address. Does anyone have any idea on how I can overcome this obstacle.

Illinois
reviews: 16
1. Re: Lebara Sim says address not valid

Odd, I just went to the lebara.fr site and put in my street address (i.e. 15 Main Street) and it worked fine. Did you change the site to English? I've had problems with sites (not lebara in particular) not working well in the English version. When I just tried it it was with the French site.

Lihue
reviews: 2
2. Re: Lebara Sim says address not valid

I had no problem either and I live in Hawaii. I didn't even write France

The address on the envelope mailed to me reads:

1234 ABC Road

96766 Lihue HI USA

France (even though I didn't write this in)

I just went back to the form and when I started to type my address, it turned red, but I continued typing and clicked enter and it turned green. Try that?

Indianapolis...
3. Re: Lebara Sim says address not valid

BTGM I was in the English version of the site and did enter the info in the same format as you described.

KauaiSis I will try again later but I did continue to enter the rest of the info and it still stayed red.

Thanks for the help & advise.

Edited: 5:49 am, February 28, 2013
Illinois
4. Re: Lebara Sim says address not valid

I would try it on the French version. If you keep the French and English versions open in 2 different windows you should be able to tell what goes where.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
5. Re: Lebara Sim says address not valid

Hi BTGM,

The Lebara site does not like any non alpha numeric characters in the address field. Did you happen to use an abbreviation of some kind like St. (with a dot at the end) instead of Street or Ave. for Avenue or a - (dash) or a #. . ?

These types of characters in the field will cause the address to reject. So if this happened to be your issue, try your address with only numbrs or letters.

bonne chance

raquel

By the way a note for Canadians - do not even try to put our alpha numeric postal codes in the code field. Just put it in one of the lines of the address. The site did however let me put 00000 as the postal code.

Edited: 8:23 am, February 28, 2013
Indianapolis...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Lebara Sim says address not valid

I tried several times over a week, and finally got all the "green lights" yesterday. It is difficult to figure out what goes wrong. Now I hope everything works ok! By the way, I was shopping from Indy, too. Love your Colt.

Indianapolis...
7. Re: Lebara Sim says address not valid

Wooo HOOO doing the happy dance.

Raquel z had the correct solution I just typed out street instead of abbreviating it. Such a simple solution and now I feel foolish for not even trying it prior to posting here. Oh well maybe this will help others.

Waves to my fellow Hoosier........hoppern

THANKS everybody for your

Edited to add that it did not require me to put France behind USA. Hopefully it will still show up.

Edited: 5:24 pm, February 28, 2013
Indianapolis...
8. Re: Lebara Sim says address not valid

I meant to say Thanks to everybody for their help. Was typing too fast.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
9. Re: Lebara Sim says address not valid

Indygirl, Glad I could be of help solving the issue.

No - it does not ask for a country, but it assumes it is France and will add France at rhe end of the address. But they seem to arrive quite quickly. Mine took just over a week to Canada.

raquel

10. Re: Lebara Sim says address not valid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 02, 2014