We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 3
Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

I am allergic to cigarette smoke and am concerned that hotels in Paris allow smoking in rooms Does anyone know of an inexpensive central hotel ( 150-200 dollars a night) that is nonsmoking?

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 118
1. Re: Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

There are non smoking hotels in Paris.

How much is your budget in Euros?

Saint Louis...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

Works out to be 120€ - 150€

Iowa
3. Re: Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

100-130 euros

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 45
4. Re: Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

gosh, most hotels are non smoking now, think it would be harder to find one that allows smoking..

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 24
5. Re: Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

All hotels are *supposed* to be non-smoking now, and to my observation this is strictly enforced in the smaller establishments. So far as I know, smoking is allowed in rooms only at some of the large chain hotels.

I know for sure that Hotel Muguet and Hotel de l'Emperuer strictly prohibit smoking throughout.

If you're severely allergic, however, there is quite a bit of smoking in Paris, especially at sidewalk cafe tables.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 47
6. Re: Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

it has been quite awhile since we have had a hotel in Paris that allows smoking. I thought they were actually non-smoking by law but perhaps this is not so. It is such a pleasure to be able to go to restaurants and cafes now and not be smoked out (unless you sit outside).

I'd suggest the OP find a hotel they like and then inquire directly about the smoking policy since it is so important to them. But I'd be optimistic about finding one.

Iowa
7. Re: Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

I am basing my concern on Rick Steves Paris 2013. The book says smoking is allowed in hotel rooms in Paris and this can be a problem.

Bedford, United...
Destination Expert
for Florence
reviews: 35
8. Re: Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

Lazy failure on Saint Rick's part to update facts. I think you will struggle to find somewhere where smoking is allowed nowadays.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 45
9. Re: Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

Please, Rick is ok, I like him, but he is no Paris expert.

I haven't stayed in a hotel room in Paris for last few years that allowed smoking in rooms( mind you I don't stay in big chain hotels). In fact last time I saw an ashtray in room( and it stuck in my mind since you haven't seen ashtrays here for over a decade or more, lol ) was about 5 years ago now at least.

There may be smoking somewhere in a hotel, but it is not common, especially in smaller hotels.

Paris, France
10. Re: Inexpensive nonsmoking hotel in Paris

That's why I only trust guides written by local residents.

The law basically gives the decision to hotel managers; they can either:

- prohibit smoking anywhere in the hotel (including all rooms); quite a frequent case nowadays;

- allow some specific and designated smoking rooms; mostly larger hotels, catering to international visitors from heavy smoking nations (China...);

- allow all smoking rooms.

The latter option is AFAIK never adopted because, for each smoking rooms, they have to:

- install a ventilation system powerful enough;

- allow staff who do not want to work in a smoking environment to work on non-smoking rooms only.

Of course, the public areas of hotels are now 100% non smoking, as long as they are covered.

So to the OP, if you book on Expedia for example (probably applies to other booking engines), you can select your type of rooms, in case there are several. To be on the safe side, in the "comments" section, you can add: "Je suis allergique à la fumée de cigarette".