We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night at CDG

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 12
One Night at CDG

Un able to get a decent connection home from Nice in mid-May, we are thinking of just taking a flight to Paris and then taking our flight home from there the next morning. Can anyone recommend aanyhing to see an Thanks, as alwaysd do out near the airport, by metro or cab: and a good choice for a nice dinner?

I would also appreciate hotel recommendations at or near the airport.

Phoenix, Arizona
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
1. Re: One Night at CDG

Hi RaleighJim,

We've moved this topic to the Paris forum, because it should be more likely to receive some replies here. We hope you find the information you're looking for.

Best regards,

TA_MikeW

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 48
2. Re: One Night at CDG

stay at the Novotel which is on top of the RER station; take the RER into Paris and spend the afternoon and evening in town, taking a walk or boat ride on the Seine in late evening -- then take the RER B back to the hotel and you are there for your flight next morning.

the RER deposits you near Notre Dame -- but if you want to visit some other part of town you can switch to the metro on the same ticket -- just decide ahead of time the one or two things you want to see or do and head there. (if you are there on a Weds or Fri evening, the Louvre is open till about 9:30 (technically 9:45) or on Thursday, the d'Orsay is open. and there are numerous other things to do from Eiffel Tower, to Montmartre, to the Arc de Triomphe to dinner in a neighborhood place.

don't get a hotel 'near' the airport, get one AT the airport -- there are several including the Hilton and the Sheraton which are pricier than the Ibis or Novotel.

if you somehow missed the last RER to CDG, you could just take a cab back

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 12
3. Re: One Night at CDG

Thank you. We would do just that but will be returning from Provence on a trip that will have already included five days and nights i Paris. I was thinking of a change of pace and it looks like Senlis might be a good option. We would arrive Saturday afternoon and leave not too early on Sunday. Can we expect to find a good meal and nice place to stay there? Does anyone have any recommendations.

Thanks

Paris, France
reviews: 4
4. Re: One Night at CDG

I'm not quite sure I understand your travel logistics but Senlis is indeed lovely and I provided logistics on how to get there in another thread where the poster was at a hotel at CDG. For info about Senlis and how to get there from CDG have a look at this thread starting in reply #10:

tripadvisor.com/…47194938

5. Re: One Night at CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 21, 2014