We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to visit Paris, France.

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
I want to visit Paris, France.

Where is a good location for a first timer? I want entertainment, access to metro, musuems, and resturants. Would like a nice luxury hotel, reasonably priced. Not too close to tourist area. Prefer to go places where the commoners live and frequent. Generally you can get better pricing on meals and entertainment. Also looking to take trip 2nd week of August, is this a good time? Are there such things as an all-inlcusive in paris france? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Nikki

Bellflower...
reviews: 15
21. Re: I want to visit Paris, France.

I believe that Nikki W meant "the common people" and even that sounds haughty.

Nikki W, look to the right of this page. Click "Get It Now" under "Free Paris Guide." That will be a start on luxury hotels, but "reasonably priced" is subjective.

If you want additional advice, it may be better to begin a new discussion and give it an appropriate title, such as "Please help me decide on these two hotels."

MrsJAS

PARIS
reviews: 393
22. Re: I want to visit Paris, France.

I'm going to copy this thread as an example of all that is bad about the Paris forum.

Darling Nikki! Come and see us in the 9th! We're as commom as much up 'ere!!

Edited: 2:51 pm, March 07, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 57
23. Re: I want to visit Paris, France.

Seanbee, what was "that bad"? Humorous at times...... Really, it would have been better if he just let this thread go and start a new one with some specific questions.

Edited: 2:58 pm, March 07, 2013
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 106
24. Re: I want to visit Paris, France.

Hotels will normally just offer breakfast, for an extra charge, but there are restaurants and cafés everywhere, with menus posted outside so you can see what's on offer and the prices (price includes all taxes and service charge, so no need to tip).

Agree with Seanbee's rec (among other things), can also check the 3rd, 12th, 11th.

Murano Urban Resort is a chic modern hotel outside immediate centre, in regular area (which is perhaps what you meant) but with nightlife/places to go out right by. Hotel has popular bar.

resa.wellbooked.com/RoomSearchAllHotels2.aspx

What is your budget BTW?

Edited: 3:20 pm, March 07, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 57
25. Re: I want to visit Paris, France.

Sounds like the OP already found the hotel or so he says in his update of today.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
26. Re: I want to visit Paris, France.

Would have loved to know what reasonably priced luxury hotel was found.

Melbourne, Australia
27. Re: I want to visit Paris, France.

Rasteriasha - you said if you had a choice you would choose another month other than August - we are travelling in July this year? My family, including our two children aged 13 and 10 are there from 3rd July for a week? Is it Hot? Crowded? Closed? I am new to this site so am still sifting through the thousands of posts!

Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 139
28. Re: I want to visit Paris, France.

I can't believe anyone would use the word "commoner" in this day and age.

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 7
29. Re: I want to visit Paris, France.

I'm guessing English is not Nikki's mother tongue and "locals" was the word that got missed.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 106
30. Re: I want to visit Paris, France.

Reggie - it can be hot and there are many tourists, but it isn't peak holiday time for the locals -- usual summer closings are later in the month and in August.