We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adrian, Michigan
reviews: 6
Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

If used strictly as a transportation pass, I've always discouraged people from purchasing the Paris Visite pass, because I think it's too expensive. But I usually also mention that folks should look at the other offers that come with the pass to see if it might work for them. I was bored this afternoon, and decided to do a little research to help people decide whether or not it might be a good buy. Every need is different, and it's often said on here that when it comes to transportation, one shoe definitely does NOT fit all, but for what it's worth to those of you considering the pass, here's what I found:

The following discounts are offered with the Paris Visite Card, in addition to transportation in the zones and time frames purchased:

Moulin Rouge: Free souvenir ashtray when you see the show. Value: €5,00???

Bateau Parisien: 50% off your second ticket when you take a lunch cruise. Lunch tickets start at €50,00, so it appears that the minimum savings would be €25,00

Canauxama Cruise: One ticket free with one adult ticket purchased. This is the St. Martin Canal cruise leaving from the Marina Arsenal. Tickets are €14,00 each, so you would save €14,00

Chez Clement: There are 12 Chez Clement restos around Paris. When you eat here, you'll get a free cocktail or creme brulee for dessert. €5,00??

Cite des Sciences: Reduced entry fee. Regular fee is €7,50. You pay €5,50

Les etoiles du Rex: The interactive tour of the famous Rex Cinema. One ticket free with one purchased. Regular cost is €7,50, so you save €7,50

Galleries Lafayette: You get a 10% discount card for a purchase of €30,00 or more and a gift when you visit the information desk. (A number of items are excluded) Value?? Depends on how much you buy I guess.

l'Opentour: Reduced fare of €21,00 vs. the regular €25,00. Save €3,00

Opera Garnier: €2,00 off the purchase of the second ticket for the unguided tour, plus 5% off a purchase at the book store.

Montmartrain: I can't find the price of this, but you get one ticket free when you purchase an adult ticket.

Musee Grevin: 25% off the regular entry fee, which is currently €17,50 so you would save around €4,50

Musee de Montmartre: Buy one adult ticket and get the second free. Current price is €5,50 so you'd save €5,50

Musee Jacquemart Andre: Buy one adult ticket and get the second free. Current price is €8,50 so you'd save €8,50

Musee du Vin: Buy one adult ticket and get the second free. Current price is €8,50 so you would save €8,50

Tour Montparnasse: 35% off the regular price to take the elevator to the 56th floor. Current price is €8,70 so you would save about €3,00

I hope this is helpful to any of you considering whether or not you should purchase the pass. Obviously, you're going to spend a lot of money to save some, but if you are planning on doing any of these activities, a few could add up fast.

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
1. Re: Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

Good stuff, ArrowCapet!

I don't know if you noticed my long screed about metro passes and prices and so on. If you don't mind I'll put a reference in the final version to this post. I don't want to copy the whole thing, but folk might at least want to see what they can get for their €€.

OK with you?

Denmark, Europe
reviews: 14
2. Re: Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

Many of these offers are based on you being a couple (second ticket free) - so you should do some arithmetics before buying Paris Visite if you travel as a single.

Adrian, Michigan
reviews: 6
3. Re: Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

Irish: Please feel free to use it however you'd like.

Gitte: I agree. As someone who generally travels solo, I didn't think it would be a very good deal for me. Definitely designed for couples.

punta del este
reviews: 1
4. Re: Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

All the posts about transportation and Paris Visite pass, are very helpful. What about Paris Musseum Pass?

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
5. Re: Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

renata24 -

If you will check my recent post titled "Metro/museum passes - prices and strategies" you will find a couple of paragraphs there on the Museum Pass. If they don't answer your questions, come back with more specifics.

London, UK
reviews: 126
6. Re: Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

We have just returned from Paris.

Because we travelled Thurs - Mon we could not buy a Carte Orange.

I was very happy with our 5 day, 5 zone Paris Visite Pass - around 45 Euros.

We used it on the Thurs from CDG Airport into the Centre, and back again on the Monday. On the Sunday we used it to go to Versailles for the day (lovely gardens with Lully music playing, and the fountains all on). Otherwise we jumped on the metro / RER all the time - eg going to the Eiffel Tower for dinner at l'Altitude 95, then rushing over late at night to the Arc de Triomphe to see the Eiffel Tower lit up like a Xmas tree with flashing lights!

So I think we got our money's worth.

Unfortunately when you buy it at CDG Airport the woman in the ticket booth said "If you want the discount booklet you must get it at the Tourist Office in the centre of Paris, because we do not stock it!". We never found this, so did not know what the discounts were, but looking above I don't think we'd have used them anyway.

Montevideo, Uruguay
7. Re: Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

@ ArrowCarpet & worldtraveller99

Can you confirm that to get the various discounts you need to get a discount booklet, my first impression was that you just needed to show the Paris Visite Pass?

waterlooville uk
reviews: 49
8. Re: Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

rsp - from what I can remember, the booklet is required as it contains the coupons you need to present when paying.

Houston
reviews: 2
9. Re: Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

I bought it online yesterday and they're delivering it to my hotel so it will be there when I arrive. I must be lazy. :)

Canada
reviews: 8
10. Re: Paris Visite Pass - Worth the cost??

Not Lazy, your very smart !