We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English speaking visitors in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
English speaking visitors in Paris

I am interested in connecting with the English speaking community in Paris - expats and others who gather for drinks, soirees, and meet-and-greets. I will be in Paris for the month of May and staying in St Germain area. My French is enough for me to make my way as a visitor and have a simple conversation. Anyone have any experience in which they met interesting people?

los angeles
11. Re: English speaking visitors in Paris

Vikisfloyd - I would be interested in joining you for your dinner that you put together in Paris. Please let me know how to contact you in Paris.

Jolielaw

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 14
12. Re: English speaking visitors in Paris

Hi Jolie,

Email me at vickisfloyd@hotmail.com

We'll be getting together on Monday night, May 22 probably around 7:30pm. We'd love to have you. I need to find my original post and bump it up. I think I posted it too early. There are four of us and we don't mind if we have one more or 10 more or the sky's the limit! (Except the place isn't huge!) We'll look forward to meeting you in May. I'll be anxious to hear about how you're doing in Paris for a month...lucky!

USA
reviews: 3
13. Re: English speaking visitors in Paris

There are several groups in Paris that would probably fulfill your criteria. One regular gathering that I'm familiar with is the CAFÉ METROPOLE group that gathers every Thursday, from 15:00-17:00 (3:00-to-5:00 PM) at the CAFÉ-TABAC La CORUNA, 2 rue de l'Amiral Coligny & 30 quai du Louvre, 75001, Metro: Louvre-Rivoli or Pont Neuf

This a a free, informal gathering where 'membership' is pretty much determined by simply showing up and enjoying oneself.

CAFÉ METROPOLE INFO--

http://www.metropoleparis.com/aclub.html

Another sort of gathering are the SUNDAY DINNERS hosted by an American ex-pat named JIM HAYNES, on SUNDAY evenings at 20:00 (8:00 PM) at his apartment, at 83 rue de la Tombe Issoire, 75014, Metro: Alesia or Denfert-Rochereau. A reservation in required for these gatherings and there is a charge of 20 €uro per person for food and wine. These gatherings tend to be a somewhat eclectic mix of local resident, ex-pats and tourists.

JIM HAYNES Info--

http://www.jim-haynes.com/

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 31
14. Re: English speaking visitors in Paris

Jolie, As Aphotographerinparis has mentioned, a lot of people on this forum and others say the Jim Haynes dinners are a lot of fun and have been popular for years and Rillifane has given you details of the Club Metropole, which he attended himself on his very recent trip. Both are popular and much recommended so you really cannot go far wrong with either.

15. Re: English speaking visitors in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, May 16, 2009