We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magenta RER Station Connected to Gare De L'Est (SNCF)?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 2
Magenta RER Station Connected to Gare De L'Est (SNCF)?

Are the two stations connected internally? We need to get to the TGV departing platforms and metro directions at http://www.ratp.fr/itineraires/en suggests final walk on surface streets. How long would this walk from RER at Magenta take to get to the TGV platforms at Gare De L'Est station?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
1. Re: Magenta RER Station Connected to Gare De L'Est (SNCF)?

I assume that you are arrive on the RER E and want to take the TGV from Gare de l´Est. You can walk underground or on the streets to the TGV station. It won´t take 5 minutes either way.

If you do use the underground passageway, the TGVs leave from the ground level of Gare de l´Est. Here is a layout of the station:

www.gares-en-mouvement.com/fr/frpst/accueil/

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 2
2. Re: Magenta RER Station Connected to Gare De L'Est (SNCF)?

are there any TGV lounge at this station?

Paris, France
reviews: 33
3. Re: Magenta RER Station Connected to Gare De L'Est (SNCF)?

There is no connection to Gare de l'Est -- you must use the surface streets from Magenta/Gare du Nord to get there. I have no idea what Sarastro is talking about.

If some day the project for the CDG Express rail link is unfrozen, I'm sure they will finally connect Magenta to Gare de l'Est, which is precisely the reason why they gave it a different name from Gare du Nord. The CDG Express would be a dedicated rail line non stop to the airport, with airline check-in counters located at Gare de l'Est, the same as the system in Hong Kong.

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 7
4. Re: Magenta RER Station Connected to Gare De L'Est (SNCF)?

It's an easy walk -- 10 minutes if you dawdle.

There is no underground connection that I've ever found.

Edited: 2:43 am, May 17, 2012
5. Re: Magenta RER Station Connected to Gare De L'Est (SNCF)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 pm, June 21, 2013