We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel tower tickets

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Eiffel tower tickets

We are traveling to Paris in July and wonder if it is better to buy tickets for Eiffel tower etc in Australia or Paris

99 replies to this topic
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 13
1. Re: Eiffel tower tickets

If you want to avoid very long lines, it is better to buy them in Australia from the website as soon as your preferred date is available. The only downside is that you are then committed no matter the weather. Here is the link. http://www.eiffel-tower.com/

Paris, France
reviews: 123
2. Re: Eiffel tower tickets

Hi!

You should buy your tickets through the Eiffel tower website to avoid lines (and waiting for hours to go up).

You have all the info here eiffel-tower.com/preparing-your-visit/buying…

Enjoy your trip!

Guelph, Canada
reviews: 44
3. Re: Eiffel tower tickets

I've read mixed advice on this. My husband and I are planning to go first thing in the morning when the line-ups are, apparently, not as long.

You can walk up to the second level and there's apparently a very short line-up for that at any point during the day.

Edited: 10:38 pm, March 20, 2012
Seattle, Washington
4. Re: Eiffel tower tickets

Does anyone know if the walk up lines are longer since there is only one operational elevator right now? I would assume so...

Seattle, Washington
5. Re: Eiffel tower tickets

Does anyone know if the walk up lines are longer since there is only one operational elevator right now? I would assume so...

Paris, France
reviews: 123
6. Re: Eiffel tower tickets

My lastest information: A couple of friends visiting me in February forgot to buy the tickets through internet, arrived there at 10 am and got their elevator at noon. This happened on February 23rd, I don't know if the situation is better now.

Cullman, Alabama
reviews: 27
7. Re: Eiffel tower tickets

Eiffel tower tickets now booked until June 19 so I hope no one hopes to go before then because there are no spaces unless something opens up.

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 74
8. Re: Eiffel tower tickets

We just got back from Paris 2 days ago and went up the Eiffel tower on Friday morning. We did not pre purchase tickets but arrived at 9 am and waited for the 930 opening. By 10am we were looking out over Paris from the observation deck. By that time I would estimate the wait (from the length of the line) to be at least 2 hrs.

From there being only 1 elevator curently working I would recommend that pre buying tickets would shorten the wait times, otherwise go early in the day.

Either way it is definitly worth the time to visit.

Enjoy your trip

kent
reviews: 1
9. Re: Eiffel tower tickets

We have just got back from Paris. Tickets are not sold out but due to only one lift working they have stopped selling advance tickets. What we did was stand in line for the ''stairs only'' ( much shorter queue) and paid to walk up to the second level. At the second level if the queue is not too long for the lift buy a second ticket to take you to the top, you do not pay anymore than if you bought the ticket direct to the top. We were lucky and only waited in line for 5 mins hopped in the lift and up, up and away. This way you do not waste unnecessary queueing time.

Paphos, Cyprus
reviews: 5
10. Re: Eiffel tower tickets

If you have a ticket from http://www.eiffel-tower.com can you really skip the queues? The queues are for buying tickets or to get on the lift?

Reply to: Eiffel tower tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted