We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 65
Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

Hello everyone...I am planning a trip to Paris for my family of 4. I have picked 2 hotels that can accommodate a family of 4 in 1 room.

Choices are:

Hilton Arc de Triomphe

Crowne Plaza Paris Republique Hotel

Which is a better hotel in terms of location/area? I am interested in the (1) level of safety of the area (2) convenient for sightseeing (3) reasonably priced restaurants that are kid friendly in the area.

Thank you for your input.

Anacortes...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

Both hotels are in very nice locations. Safety should not be a concern.

All of the sites are "convenient" to the usual tourist sites within the perifherique ring road that defines central Paris.

If you are paying the listed prices in either of these hotels, you should not have to worry about inexpensive restaurants. To get meaningful replies to a question like this, we need to know what you consider "reasonable".

Bolton, United...
reviews: 21
2. Re: Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

I have not stayed in either hotel, but from purely a "convenience to get around " point of view the Crowne Plaza Paris Rebublique would be my choice.

The Republique metro hub will give you access to most areas of the city as several metro lines pass through there. There are also plenty of bus routes around Place de La Republique and you can walk to the Marais in 5-10 minutes and the river in about 20 minutes.

The Rebublique area is full of shops, cafes, and resturants iincluding chains that would be child friendly.

At the moment the centre of Place de Republique is being renovated.

The Location of the Hilton Arc de Triomphe is a bit out of the way and not as convenient for metro, not as many shops, cafes etc.. although it is probably more of a posh area. The parc Monceau is nearby which would be handy for children.

I have stayed in both areas, Both areas are safe, with normal precautions.

Denise

Love from England

Paris, France
reviews: 158
3. Re: Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

I haven't stayed at these hotels, but I would prefer Republic for the location and because it's a more lively area, relatively more central, with many metro and bus lines.

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

My husband and I are staying in the Crowne Plaza on our trip in May we selected it for the hotel and room ammenities and the area looks great.

New Jersey
reviews: 66
5. Re: Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

We stayed at Crowne Plaza Republique 2 years ago. Good location, safe, nearby eateries, including a very fine bakery just behind the hotel. Metro station just steps away makes travel about town simple.

Paris, France
reviews: 33
6. Re: Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

I would take the Crowne Plaza République in a heartbeat because the area is much more interesting (and economical). Right now, the Place de la République is being restructured to become mostly pedestrian next year, but I don't think it creates any incovenience for visitors -- at worst, it will make you want to return to see how it looks when everything is completed next year.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 48
7. Re: Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

The Hilton Arc de Triomphe is not near the Arc de Triomphe and is not well located for public transport -- as in all of Paris there are of course buses nearby and a metro stop not all that far but they are not as convenient as many spots and there are few shops, restaurants etc nearby -- it is about 2 blocks from Parc Monceau which is a great spot for kids and you could walk through the parc during the day which is very pleasant to catch the Monceau metro on the opposite side of the parc

It is not in an easy walk of the Seine or any of the tourist spots a new visitor wants to see usually

Chicago, IL
reviews: 121
8. Re: Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

We stayed at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe 3 years ago. It was only about a 10 -15 minute walk from the drop off point for the Air France bus. It was maybe a 15 minute walk to the metro line, past Parc Monceau. The neighborhood was fine. It is not like staying in the Latin Quarter but it is very safe and there are a lot of restaurants close by. It was also close to the Champs d'Elysees. Having said that I would not stay again. The reason being it was too "Hilton". Overall that is not a bad thing at all but you don't really get a Paris flavor so my trip in two weeks has me staying in a totally different neighborhood. The Hilton is not inexpensive. We used points so the hotel cost was nonexistent. There was NO free wi fi. I hate that about upscale Hiltons. There was a little cafe about 2 doors down where we would eat breakfast and a place across the street (restaurant). I can't tell you about the other hotel. You will have a wonderful time regardless of where you stay. Who does much in hotels except sleep and shower when in Paris. I can't wait and can't believe it has been 3 years!

9. Re: Hilton Arc de Triomphe or Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, May 28, 2013