We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thalys ticket help with printing tickets at home

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 20
Thalys ticket help with printing tickets at home

I have just purchased 6 Thalys tickets Paris-Bruges(which was accepted & paid by my cc) & filled out all the necessary info to print out my tickets at home but when I click on "create your tickets" at the bottom of the page a message from the webpage appears. It is in french of which I can't read. Can anyone help me sort this out? Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
1. Re: Thalys ticket help with printing tickets at home

Without knowing what the message is, I don't think anyone can help you.

Copy the message and paste it into translate.google.com to get a translation into English.

Paris, France
reviews: 177
2. Re: Thalys ticket help with printing tickets at home

If you copy and paste the message here, we could try and help you.

3. Re: Thalys ticket help with printing tickets at home

@sydneynick & Paul_Hamelin, sorry about not posting the message so here goes. le format de la date de naissance n'est pas valide, merci de la saisir a nouveau

I hope you can help

Paris, France
4. Re: Thalys ticket help with printing tickets at home

It means "Date of birth is not in a valid format. Please enter it again."

Did you by any chance enter it the American way (as in month before day) instead of day - month - year? Or maybe you didn't enter all 4 digits for the year...

Paris, France
reviews: 177
5. Re: Thalys ticket help with printing tickets at home

>le format de la date de naissance n'est pas valide, merci de la saisir a nouveau<

it means that the date of birth isn't valid, Your probably entered it the 'American' way when the system was awaiting an 'European' standard. Try switching days and month. Thus, instead of 12/01 for December First, enter 01/12

[edit] Sorry, Mrs_French_Mystique's post wasn't showing when I started typing - but we agree !

Edited: 8:05 pm, January 27, 2012
Palm Beach Gardens...
reviews: 101
6. Re: Thalys ticket help with printing tickets at home

I wasnt able to get my ticket printed out online and had to have it mailed to me. It cost extra but arrived via UPS today (2 days after booking). I will be curious to know if you get the tickets printed out online.

Edited: 8:19 pm, January 27, 2012
7. Re: Thalys ticket help with printing tickets at home

@Paul_Hamelin & Mrs_French_Mystique I did enter the dates the "American" way as you say. Thank you for bringing that to my attention as I did so 4 times & could not figure out why it kept denying my booking. I need to pay attention. I'm all set know with my tickets in hand. Thank you all.

8. Re: Thalys ticket help with printing tickets at home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, April 17, 2013