We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

Hi there,

Work trip not booked by me.

I am flying with Air France from Dublin, Ireland to Paris CDG Terminal 2E with 1 hour connection time for Air France flight to Rio de Janeiro from Terminal 2F. My questions are:-

1. How far is the distance between Terminal 2E and 2F? Is it walkable?

2. Is one hour enough transfer time? I will have booked forward bags to Rio and will have boarding card.

3. Will I have to go through security check again, since Rio is not a EU flight?

Any inside knowledge, greatly appreciated. I'm a bit of a time freak so if 1 hr is not enough transfer time I will get my flights rebooked.

Cheers

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
1. Re: Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

1. This depends upon the inbound and outbound gates, some are walkable, others are not.

2. No, but there are reports of those who have made it.

3. If we knew the arrival/departure gates, I could give a definitive answer.

You really should be asking AF these questions including what backup flight options you might have. I personally would not accept a ground connection of less than 2 hours at any airport in the world unless my destination arrival time was not critical.

Paris, France
reviews: 115
2. Re: Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

1. You can find you answer there: aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/en-GB/Passagers/Acce…

2. That seems a bit short IMHO, considering that your flight may always be slightly delayed. Personnaly, I always plan for at least 90 min between connecting flights, and that's when not having to go though customs/security (120 to 150 otherwise)

3. yep, even more so since Ireland is not in the Schengen area (which is the key aspect for frontiers, more than being within EU or nor)

Bottom line, I woule definitely rebook someting with more margin

Tom

Seville, Spain
reviews: 1
3. Re: Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

I have the same problem, the fact is that the website of Air France is selling that flight with that connection, 1:05 hours between terminals 2E and 2F.

What would happen if I miss the connection? Do I get a hotel in Paris? The flight is at 23:20

san francisco
reviews: 10
4. Re: Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

It's enough time but keep in mind that the hallways that lead between the two terminals are sort of confusing. You need to pay attention and watch the signs - you go through passport control in the middle of a hallway that looks like it just leads to a gate.

Anyway, if you pay attention and don't have to wander around or backtrack, the time is fine.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 106
5. Re: Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

If airline issued the ticket they think you can make it, and you will if there are no delays. Otherwise, AF will put you on another flight.

Between 2E and 2F there is a train to take for a few minutes, it passes often and it is well indicated where to find it.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 25
6. Re: Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

On landing, you should go the the Air France Transfer Desk for instructions on getting to your departure gate.

Airlines do not book impossible connections which would require them to rebook passengers constantly and chase down checked bags.

People miss connections because they attempt to navigate CDG on their own rather than rely on the airline.

There have been significant changes to 2E recently, so you really need to consult the Transfer Desk on arrival.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 106
7. Re: Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

I was there recently and took the train.

Seville, Spain
8. Re: Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

Thank you so much, anyone know how long is the shuttle ride?

Anyway, I think it is specially risky because if I miss my flight at 23:20, I have to wait for another 24 hours to get the next flight, as there is no other earlier (codeshare) flight to Singapore from Paris.

I find it very strange that AF is offering this connection. Shorting my holidays 24 hours would be very disappointing... maybe I wait for a better chance.

9. Re: Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

Hi can you tell me did you make the flight in the end I have the same flight in September thanks :)

10. Re: Transfer Time: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F?

Hi can you tell me did you make the flight in the end I have the same flight in September thanks :)