We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to London and return by train

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Paris to London and return by train

While in Paris I was thinking going for a day trip to London getting say the first train and returning on the last or sometime that night

Have any Australians done this if so how did they find the trip was it easy getting tickets etc

London
reviews: 37
1. Re: Paris to London and return by train

Why are only Australians invited to comment?

Tickets can be obtained from the Eurostar website. The go on sale 120 days before departure date, so buy as soon as you can - the earlier you book, the more likely you are to get a bargain (although bear in mind that the advance toickets are not exchangeable or refundable) You have the option to either print out your ticket at home, or collect from Gare du Nord on or before the date of departure.

Bear in mind you need to check in AT LEAST 30 minutes before departure in BOTH directions - that means you must be through the ticket barrier. On the other side you will have a passport check and a security screen, but this is quick - much quicker than at an airport. You then wait in the departure lounge until the platform for your train is shown - usually 15 minutes before departure. You have assigned seat numbers, so no need to rush! When you get off the train, you just walk out of the station, no further checks.

Also bear in mind that the time in France is one hour ahead of the UK, at all times of the year.

Enjoy your trip!

www.eurostar.com

Edited: 6:55 am, January 22, 2012
Tampa, Florida
reviews: 9
2. Re: Paris to London and return by train

Obviously, it's a far different trip as an Australian than it is if you're of any other nationality....?!?

Try www.seat61.com or www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm for very detailed step-by-step instructions for buying train tickets.

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Paris to London and return by train

wire my intention was not to exclude anyone but just wondering if anyone from Australia has done it

Paris, France
reviews: 177
4. Re: Paris to London and return by train

Sorry for not replying, but I'm not Australian. My wife is, but she's not TA member.

Phoenix
reviews: 115
5. Re: Paris to London and return by train

I've been told that Austrailians are not allowed to make this trip.

Lords Valley...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Paris to London and return by train

One or two Australians have probably made this trip but I'm not sure. If you decide to go make sure you check the dress code for Australians.

Paris, France
reviews: 177
7. Re: Paris to London and return by train

Same question and some answers in this thread: tripadvisor.com/…38016542

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 9
8. Re: Paris to London and return by train

don't you Aussies have to obtain special visas for this trip?

Illinois
reviews: 16
9. Re: Paris to London and return by train

Paul_Hamelin, that was a totally different question. OP in that thread was from Oklahoma, which is not in Australia. ;-)

Lords Valley...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Paris to London and return by train

.....but is Oklahoma near Australia???