We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheese grater

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 48
Cheese grater

In Italy we had the world's greatest cheese grater at the apartment. It was an oval plastic box with three oval flat cheese grating lids of different sizes. you put the lid on and grated into the box which held, maybe a cup or so. it was the most convenient cheese grater we have ever seen.

we didn't search for one there because we had to fly Easyjet with weight limits and our stuff for a three month 2-3 season stay -- we were on a strict 'no acquisition' policy.and barely squeaked by

do they sell such graters in France? and if so where? we didn't see anything like it at Dilherrin but then that is not really a store for home kitchens.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 25
1. Re: Cheese grater

Best be may be a microplane.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 89
2. Re: Cheese grater

See Nb 7 : www.google.fr/aclk…

the big blue marble
reviews: 32
3. Re: Cheese grater

I think Alessi has a mipodel like that. My parents bought one at the Met in NY, but Alessi has a store on boul Raspail... I only hic, I only recall one grating screen.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 4
4. Re: Cheese grater

Janet, I have exactly what you describe. The base is sort of an eggplant colour, with an oval lid and the different graters.

I bought it here in Toronto at Ikea a few years ago. :-)

Here's a picture of a similar one:

thekitchn.com/thekitchn/cookware-tools/the-i…

I couldn't find it on the Ikea website though.

Edited: 5:48 pm, October 24, 2011
Loire Valley
reviews: 7
5. Re: Cheese grater

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50153180/ ?

UK
6. Re: Cheese grater

or even www.ikea.com/fr/fr/catalog/products/50153180/

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 4
7. Re: Cheese grater

Haha, yes you may have to take a trip to Ikea in Paris. I couldn't find the cheese grater on the Canadian and US sites.

But I have no idea where an Ikea in Paris is. I'm sure they're around, given the vast number of Ikea furnishings and products we have found in the rental apartments we have stayed at.

Paris, France
reviews: 158
8. Re: Cheese grater

There are 3 or 4 Ikea stores, not in Paris as such but outside. The closest is between Paris and Orly airport and can be reached by RER + bus + a short walk.

See directions (in French): thiaisvillage.com/IKEA-le-plus-proche-de-Par…

I don't know if this cheese grater is really worth the trip, but it could be some way of discovering Paris outskirts and sharing commuters everyday life ... :)

Vancouver, Canada
9. Re: Cheese grater

You can order off the Ikea online site, but you may have to purchase a sofa in order to get it.

Hanover...
10. Re: Cheese grater

Janet - how about this one?

chefsresource.com/grate-and-store-grater-set…

Sara