We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro Ticket Question

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
reviews: 5
Metro Ticket Question

Hi,

I am going to travel with my girlfriend for 5 days in november (monday to friday) to Paris.

We fly to CDG.

We want to use the metro and wanted to buy the Paris Visite Pass.

After reading about the passes I am a bit confused as most visitors seem to buy 10 tickets and use them.

I realize Paris Visite is more expensive than Navigo Découverte.

Since we fly in and out of CDG and each trip would be 9,10€ and we will go either to Disneyland or Versailles (or even both) a multi day pass will make the most sense for us.

Paris Visite is 51 € and Navigo Decouverte is 33,40 + 5 = 38,40 plus the cost of a passport picture.

Is the only difference between the Paris Visite the discount coupons?

How timeconsuming is the purchase of the Navigo Decouverte?

Dublin
reviews: 9
1. Re: Metro Ticket Question

Is the only difference between the Paris Visite the discount coupons?

I have used both. Yes, with the Paris Visite you also get discounts at a few places. The Paris Visite us just a normal paper ticket, which can be easily damaged, while the ND is a tougher smart card.

How timeconsuming is the purchase of the Navigo Decouverte?

No more time-consuming than the Paris Visite, which you also have to buy from a cashier. Next time you visit Paris, you can simply charge the ND at a machine.

The ND wins.

Paris, France
reviews: 158
2. Re: Metro Ticket Question

"plus the cost of a passport picture" - the cost is really marginal ! it doesn't have to be a high quality, professional and official passport photo; you could print it yourself or it could just be a photocopy of a passport photo; as long as your are fairly recognizable, it's enough as it's not an "official" document but only proof that it belongs to you.

Germany
reviews: 5
3. Re: Metro Ticket Question

Thanks a lot for your replies!

We are going for the Navigo Decouverte than.

Now I need to figure out whether to go for the 1 day 1 park or 1 day 2 parks Disneyland pass.

Paris, France
reviews: 33
4. Re: Metro Ticket Question

In November, you can cover most of the two parks in one day.

5. Re: Metro Ticket Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 27, 2012