We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The forum search function is fabulous! Try it.You'll like it

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 15
The forum search function is fabulous! Try it.You'll like it

I made a list of questions I had and used the search function first prior to posting and I found the answers to every question plus a whole lot of additional great information.

Based on the large number of duplicate questions posted I am going to guess that people don't know how to use it or think it is too cumbersome to go through old posts. There is a button on the upper right that allows you to sort by either relevance or date so you can get the info you want quickly.

How to get from CDG to where ever you want to go - there's a multitude of replies.

Versailles - it's all there.

Airport shuttles - oy vey

Restaurants, museums, markets, etc. - so much from the easy search function

The only downside is spelling - you and the other posters need to get it right. But that is easy to navigate.

Thanks to all for sharing so much great information.

Bolton, United...
reviews: 21
1. Re: The forum search function is fabulous! Try it.You'll like it

Maybe this should be a sticky also.

Thanks very much for highlighting it.

Denise

Love from England

Boston...
reviews: 9
2. Re: The forum search function is fabulous! Try it.You'll like it

Yep, I agree Denise. In bold caps :)

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 20
3. Re: The forum search function is fabulous! Try it.You'll like it

Something that a lot of posters miss with the search function is that you can sort the replies by relevance OR date. The choice defaults to relevance so unfortunately the first lot of replies that appear can often be several years old.

My recommendation is to check the most relevant replies and then also check the most recent replies.

However most people want to be part of TA - they want to post a question and see the answers that are written for THEM!! Not the answers that someone else got a few hours, days, weeks, or even months ago. That's why there will always be questions about shuttles/taxis/trains from CDG.

London, United...
reviews: 21
4. Re: The forum search function is fabulous! Try it.You'll like it

I agree Harley, there is no information that could not be found elsewhere. People just want to share the joy of their upcoming trip, if it is too painful to answer then move on.

reviews: 9
5. Re: The forum search function is fabulous! Try it.You'll like it

I think a big part of the point being made here is that posters are MISSING a lot of good information that they will not receive in the the answers they get for only their one post. In addition to the good feelings of seeing your own post about your upcoming trip to Paris, you can gain a vast amount of information -on top of- what any individual takes time to post to you directly. So ask away, but smart posters look further by using the forum search.