We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from CDG to Gare de Lyon/Bastille

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Getting from CDG to Gare de Lyon/Bastille

Hi,

We will be arriving to CDG on a Tuesday at 7:25 am. Our apartment is between G de Lyon and Bastille. What is the best way to get there?

I read that one option is the AirFrance shuttle to Bastille. What time is the rush hour over in the morning?

I checked Metro map and it looks like we can take the RER and transfer at Chatelet to G de Lyon. My guide book warns against transfering at Chatelet claiming that it is a huge maze. However, I thought I saw a post somewhere that the transfer to G de Lyon is actually an easy one. Is it correct? What line do we take? Is there an easier connection to Bastille? We will only have two carry-ons (one per person) and we have no problems with stairs.

Thanks.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 11
1. Re: Getting from CDG to Gare de Lyon/Bastille

I have done this twice now as I also stay near Gare de Lyon, and will do it again on my 3rd trip in April: take the RER B from CDG, and transfer to RER D at Gare du Nord. All you have to do at Gare du Nord is step off the B train and walk for 5 seconds across the platform and get on the D train. No stairs, no wandering around. RER D will then get to Gare de Lyon in 2 STOPS! Easy as pie and half the price of the Air France bus.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 11
2. Re: Getting from CDG to Gare de Lyon/Bastille

By the way, the Air France bus stops at Gare De Lyon, not Bastille. Bastille is a straight shot of about 6 blocks down Rue de Lyon.

Vienna, Austria
reviews: 2
3. Re: Getting from CDG to Gare de Lyon/Bastille

From Gare du Nord you can take metro line 5 to Bastille. Gare de Lyon is a 10-15 minutes walk from there, so if your apartment is between the two, it might work as well.

Texas
4. Re: Getting from CDG to Gare de Lyon/Bastille

Your best bet is to take the Roissy bus from CDG airport to Opera/Auber,cost is 9+euros per person - buy it on the bus. Once at Opera, catch the bus 20 located across the street(Direction Gare de Lyon), station name is "Auber" .

The Bus 20 will take you to Bastille then to Gare de Lyon. You will need a regular metro/bus ticket for this route.

Roissy Bus : http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/r_28065/roissybus/

Zoom/click on this map for bus 20 : www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/cartebus.php

Good luck!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
reviews: 17
5. Re: Getting from CDG to Gare de Lyon/Bastille

The Air France bus will take you directly from CDG to Gare de Lyon, no transfers required. You will probably be on the tail end of rush hour, by the time you get through customs, etc. That's probably the easiest.

Otherwise, either go with the RER option that Maddietravel suggests (faster ride, longer walk), or the metro option that dan2001 mentioned (longer ride, shorter walk).

(Edit: where exactly is your apartment, if it's closer to Gare de Lyon, definitely take the RER)

Edited: 11:21 am, January 15, 2011
6. Re: Getting from CDG to Gare de Lyon/Bastille

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 17, 2012