We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, July 20, 2013
PARIS
reviews: 412
91. Re: Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

Joanie! To be honest I thought it was a great idea....might set up a tour myself just accepting tips!!

Merran it's true some of our older posters here can get a bit narky

It comes with age! We just ignore them!!

:-D

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 54
92. Re: Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

Wow, this makes facebook look tame sometimes..

And Seanie, I think theres more then a few "private guides" in Paris working under the table( don't know if that translates, but here it means cash payments no taxes, lol ) .. why not jump in,, specialize maybe, " chocolate shops" or " Sports bars in Paris " tours, lol

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 9
93. Re: Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

Lister FTW

Paris, France
94. Re: Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

It's giving me ideas too. I could make 20 euros an hour on tips :-) After all, I was a nationally certified and state-licensed massage therapist when I lived in the US.

Joan, I give great foot massages!

PARIS
reviews: 412
95. Re: Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

French you are being too modest! Two weekends ago my friends from London did a 'free' tour of Montmartre for two hours on a Saturday morning. 16 people who appeared to give an average of 10 euros each in 'tips'.....nice work if you can get it!!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
reviews: 33
96. Re: Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

Aloha from Kaua'i!

"Mrs_French_My..." - please let me know if you do decide to do your massage thing - I'd be happy to patronize it next time - LOL!!

It certainly felt like a good little massage to me - worked out some of the "kinks" that I'd gotten from walking about 10 miles (literally) that day!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 54
97. Re: Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

Mrs French get a stool and meet in me in the square in 10 months,, I will tip well, lol

toronto
98. Re: Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

HiMrs French

my wife(also Joan) is a reflexology nut will look for you next sept

cheers

jim

Bellflower...
reviews: 15
99. Re: Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

I read on another thread about people leaving their phone on the tables of sidewalk cafes and then a passerby grabbing the phone. It's not a "scam," but certainly an opportunity for theft.

MrsJAS

Australia
reviews: 65
100. Re: Paris pickpockets/scams - Summary

We are still in Paris and seen the following scams:

gold ring on the bridge over seine opposite musee de orsay: had someone already

african string at Sacre de couer: very persistent, aggressive, had to yell at him to "pee off" when polite "no"; then loud "go away", did not work

beggars everywhere but not persistent or abusive

pickpockets? signs everywhere saying "be aware", we are, no issues

accordion players on Metro: OK add charm, we gave a few coins

blind and deaf clip boarders: outside Marie, annoying they sign you up hand over a ratty magazine and then demand payment pointing to small print price

On the comments free tours these are not scams, we have taken a few and enjoyed all but one (too hot). The operators do not expect a tip, large or otherwise, they are legit. Paying 5EU for three hours of insider knowledge is cheap.

www.cityfreetour.com/home/index.php…

by the way Paris is beautiful to visit