We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 49
Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

I love to read people's trip reports, so please post links to all your trip reports (past, present, and future) here on this thread.

Thanks to TA_Jane for the sticky!

459 replies to this topic
391. Re: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, July 07, 2013

Fairfax, VA
reviews: 26
392. Re: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

We are looking at flying AF in Nov. Thanks for your review. It's our first time on AF, I don't see an option for seat selection. Can we select our seats or do they select?

Indianapolis...
reviews: 56
393. Re: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

Thought I'd post a link to our Paris TR in this section.

tripadvisor.com/…0

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 11
394. Re: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

I returned from Paris last Tuesday after spending 3 nights with my sister as a birthday celebration for her. We have a fabulous time and I got to visit a number of places that I had always wanted to as well as visiting lovely restaurants and just wondering around looking. This report is more about some practical information rather a detailed insight into our visit.

We flew from Birmingham in the UK in CDG. Took the RER B to Denfert Rocherau and then changed there on to the Metro. Before I left I checked out the photo reports re buying RER tickets and Metro tickets on the site below and we bough all tickets required at the airport no problem. The RER itself took about 35 minutes. We also used it to return to the Airport and just bought tickets using the machines at the Metro.

parisbytrain.com/paris-airport-terminal-2-tr…

parisbytrain.com/paris-metro-ticket-machine/

I did plan and document how to get to certain places so that I had this detailed on both my phone and on paper so that I didn't have to refer to guidebooks or lots of maps when we were in Paris. The RATP site was invaluable for this especially the journey planner:

www.ratp.fr

I did buy a couple of things in advance of leaving the UK, namely Musee D'Orsay and Orangerie combined tickets and arranged to pick the up from FNAC. Did this to avoid queuing and because I checked FNAC locations and there was literally one around the corner from where we were staying so it wasn't out of our way to pick up tickets. This did save time queuing at both locations so I think was worthwhile.

I also purchased an English guided tour of Opera Garnier via their website and just printed off the voucher and confirmation emails in advance. When we arrived at Opera for our tour, there was an enormous queue to get in which we bypassed as well as getting the benefit of the tour itself which is so interesting. Details of the tour are on the website below:

operadeparis.fr/en/…

We also visited Tour Montparnasse on our way back from dinner one night to take in views of the city from the viewing gallery.. We didn't book in advance but I would recommend this as there are amazing views of the city. We went up just before 10:00 pm to see the Eiffel Tower twinkle on the hour and to watch the sun setting.

http://www.tourmontparnasse56.com/en/#/home

We had some lovely meals, our favourite being at FL Restaurant which is near to the Eiffel Tower. We used La Fourchette (The Fork) to book this as it gave us 30% off the a la carte menu. The food was fabulous ( I have done a separate review) and the La Fourchette site is easy to use.

http://www.thefork.com/city/paris/415144

I think that's it other than a general comment about safety. We did not see any scammers, petition people or pick pockets. We were probably very lucky but I am glad that this was the case as I would hate my memories of such a wonderful visit to be spoilt. We did take precautions in that we were aware of our surroundings, we did use cross body bags and we had done plenty of research re locations of sites, how to travel etc. However, we were tourists and I'm sure we looked like tourists especially as we did get our maps out on numerous occasions.

We had a fabulous time, all the people we met who served us, helped us and just passed the time of day added to our trip and we both definitely want to return. Just have to start saving now as I have my eye on a little apartment for a longer stay............

395. Re: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 24, 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 73
396. Re: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

I just spent 3 days in Paris (my third visit overall) and here's a blog outlining the trip, but also offering suggestion, tips, recommendations, etc.:

…blogspot.com/2013/07/paris-mon-amour.html

Dallas, TX
reviews: 53
397. Re: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

Paris trip report (July 2013 - 5 days business): tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k67015…

Paris trip report (April 2012 - 10 days vacation): tripadvisor.com/…40173240

Enjoy!

Mark

Paris, France
reviews: 26
398. Re: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

I posted this on the main forum, but I figure it might be useful for people to see it here, too:

Tango on the Quai Saint Bernard

Normally this topic has come up by now at this time of year as one of the cheap things to do in the evening. I know that it's been mentioned in passing by a few people but nobody appears to have gone into detail (forgive me if I missed your report).

I have a long running photo report on the event and this year I even made videos of the four types of music. You can start from the beginning if you've never seen any of the pictures, but if you just want to see what it was like last week, start reading at "reply #54". Here is the link: http://tinyurl.com/tangoqsb

Boston...
reviews: 2
399. Re: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

Here is a link to my trip report - adult female (48) who travelled to Paris for 4 1/2 days with three teenage daughters.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k66698…

Houston, Texas...
reviews: 49
400. Re: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!

This is kind of a trip report. Not a detailed day-by-day report. Me and my to teenage kids were in Paris for 11 days in July.

tripadvisor.com/…51743329

Reply to: Paris trip reports - past, present and future!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted