We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

l' orangerie museum

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
socal
reviews: 41
l' orangerie museum

Was scheduled to be open late 2005---anyone know if its open?

USA
reviews: 3
1. Re: l' orangerie museum

Was originally scheduled to re-open in 2001, then 2002, then 2005, the official re-opening date is now just set for 20??.

the big blue marble
reviews: 35
2. Re: l' orangerie museum

It will NOT be opening in 2005.

TX
reviews: 4
3. Re: l' orangerie museum

Rick Steves 2006 Paris book seemed to indicate that L'Orangerie Museum is to reopen Spring 2006. Can any locals reading this forum confirm this?

Pacific NW
4. Re: l' orangerie museum

The last I read, the renovation had been delayed past 2006 until ???. For those not aware, when the renovation was underway, an ancient fortification/wall was discovered and the renovation ground to a halt. Enter bureaucracy, inspections, delays of several years and we find ourselves here.

SFpeninsula
5. Re: l' orangerie museum

I have come to Paris every September since 2000.

On my list has always been to visit l'orangerie.

I understand the reason for the delay.

If you want to know when it will reopen

I would suggest you consult a psychic.

the big blue marble
6. Re: l' orangerie museum

2006 is going to be a stellar year for art openings:

The Grand re-opening of L'Orangerie is scheduled for May 2, 2006 and from what I spotted this weekend, they are looking quite ready.

Quai Branly is slated to open in June 2006 AND

Arts Decoratifs Sept. 15 2006

For info on all the expos that are expected in 2006, visit this link www.parisavecvous.com

SFpeninsula
7. Re: l' orangerie museum

phread,

I know your heart is in the right place

but based on announcements that l'orangerie

would be open in 2001,2002, 2003 etc.,

I'll believe it when I see the doors

open and people walking in.

France
8. Re: l' orangerie museum

I'm a 100 % with you Randy! ;o)

USA
reviews: 3
9. Re: l' orangerie museum

>>>The Grand re-opening of L'Orangerie is scheduled for May 2, 2006 and from what I spotted this weekend, they are looking quite ready.<<<

>>>I know your heart is in the right place

but based on announcements that l'orangerie

would be open in 2001,2002, 2003 etc.,

I'll believe it when I see the doors open and people walking in<<<

I've got to go with Randy on this one....if all of the paper that's been used to print all of the '..official..' reopenning announcements for L'Orangerie were stacked on top of itself; that pile would most likely rival the Eiffel Tower for the tallest man-made structure in Paris. No doubt thousands of hectares of pulp producing forrests are new grassy meadows. At this point, the only announcement I'd believe is that l'Orangerie will re-open to mark the bi-centennial celebration for France's first Martian Colony.

But, given the laws of probabilities & averages, 2006 has as much chance of winning as almost any other year in this millennium.

the big blue marble
10. Re: l' orangerie museum

Yes, perhaps, but this is the first time that we have an actual day for the opening AND I walked by there this weekend, they look ready to open now. I have spent many hours dealing with the French Administration and I feel pretty confident that they are serious about this one.

Quai Branly is the one I am betting gets delayed.